How To Change PCI ID of a Graphics card?

Have you tested the resistences already?

Becouse, if you had, it would be a great signal that we are in the right way to solve that damn problem.

41 minutes ago, Majestoso said:

I will take the card and go to the guy that repeared it and replace the resistor today.

But in my case, the gtx 680 chip is basically the same as gtx 770, so i will replace the id to 1184(gtx 770 ID), which means put an 25k.

If it works out, i tell here.

Alright, sorta bad news. I checked the resistance and both of them turned out to be 40k. Either it's another resistor or the issue is something else. Although I think it's another layout probably.

Do I swap any 5k one that I find with 40k? 

EDIT: Nvm I think my test method was flawed I'm getting values all over the place

10 hours ago, sandywich said:

Alright, sorta bad news. I checked the resistance and both of them turned out to be 40k. Either it's another resistor or the issue is something else. Although I think it's another layout probably.

Do I swap any 5k one that I find with 40k? 

EDIT: Nvm I think my test method was flawed I'm getting values all over the place

Man, i did it, in my case it was the second one, but seems that there was something strange.

How many 5k resistors had you find?

25 minutes ago, Majestoso said:

Man, i did it, in my case it was the second one, but seems that there was something strange.

Omg Wow dude, nice job. I couldn't find any actually, the multimeter was acting weird. But if it worked for you, it might work for mine!! Btw what kinda resistor did you fix? Can you send a pic??

12 hours ago, Majestoso said:

Okay so here's my resistors. The 1st one is 40k itself.. so I don't know what's wrong with it now.. You got any clue? 

Also how's your 680 doing

IMG_20180726_213301.jpg

19 hours ago, sandywich said:

Okay so here's my resistors. The 1st one is 40k itself.. so I don't know what's wrong with it now.. You got any clue? 

Also how's your 680 doing

IMG_20180726_213301.jpg

This is very strange, becouse, in my case the 45k one needed to be replaced, and in your case it equal as mine, so, it has to be recognized as a gtx 760, but it's not happening.

You can try to replace one of the 5k for 40k ones and see if it changes de device id.

Mine is working great, but i discovered that the chip has a bubble on it, so, i need to replace it, but the process to change the device id worked just great.

5 hours ago, Majestoso said:

This is very strange, becouse, in my case the 45k one needed to be replaced, and in your case it equal as mine, so, it has to be recognized as a gtx 760, but it's not happening.

You can try to replace one of the 5k for 40k ones and see if it changes de device id.

Mine is working great, but i discovered that the chip has a bubble on it, so, i need to replace it, but the process to change the device id worked just great.

Ohh. But I'm not sure those 5k may represent the last byte. If only I could find 760 guides online.. 

btw wasn't yours an actual GTX 760 replacement board? What's your values where my 5k ones are?

And you mean a bubble on the die?!

19 hours ago, sandywich said:

Ohh. But I'm not sure those 5k may represent the last byte. If only I could find 760 guides online.. 

btw wasn't yours an actual GTX 760 replacement board? What's your values where my 5k ones are?

And you mean a bubble on the die?!

Yeah, but i don't know how it's working, but with 627mhz.

I will try to measure it and tell you, but, if i remember, it was the same values as you.

1 hour ago, Majestoso said:

Yeah, but i don't know how it's working, but with 627mhz.

I will try to measure it and tell you, but, if i remember, it was the same values as you.

Ohh.. Damn.. idk what's wrong with mine anymore.. maybe the parts that are missing send current to the resistors or something. I've almost lost my money on this now ?

1 hour ago, sandywich said:

Ohh.. Damn.. idk what's wrong with mine anymore.. maybe the parts that are missing send current to the resistors or something. I've almost lost my money on this now ?

Try to resold  the 45k one, maybe is some bad contact between the resistor and the pcb.

20 hours ago, Majestoso said:

Have it worked out?

Hey. No actually, I've been busy trying to find other parts. I just bought an i5 2nd gen build. Man this thing is fast af compared to my Pentium. I'm gonna focus on the gpu after I set everything up. I'm gonna contact zotac and send them these pics too. We'll see..

5 hours ago, sandywich said:

Hey. No actually, I've been busy trying to find other parts. I just bought an i5 2nd gen build. Man this thing is fast af compared to my Pentium. I'm gonna focus on the gpu after I set everything up. I'm gonna contact zotac and send them these pics too. We'll see..

These i5 or i7 2nd and 3nd still good processors for some aplications.

It's really strange that it doesn't resolved your problem. But, good luck with that.

6 hours ago, Majestoso said:

These i5 or i7 2nd and 3nd still good processors for some aplications.

It's really strange that it doesn't resolved your problem. But, good luck with that.

Yeah, it's way cool compared to my core 2 series one. And yeah, I'll do a bit more looking around with the 760. If it doesn't work out I'll try to sell it. I'll update here once I'm done with it