Can't Decide

Hey guys.

I am going to build a new pc but I need to choose a CPU cooler. I want a liquid one, Like NZXT x62 or Corsair H100i v2, But I am really afraid of leaks. I wanted to make a thread because all of what I find on google is pretty old about leaks and pump failures. What do you think, is it a safe choice? And which one of the coolers' warranty covers damaged parts?

If you are afraid of them leaks then get an air cooler...

2 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

If you are afraid of them leaks then get an air cooler...

My plan is to make my pc full RGB, and an air cooler will hide the ram which is also bad. An air cooler will be too big for my case, but it will fit anyways.

5 minutes ago, DarkHead34 said:

My plan is to make my pc full RGB, and an air cooler will hide the ram which is also bad. An air cooler will be too big for my case, but it will fit anyways.

https://t.co/4siMuagY8Y

This looks like a decent RGB air cooler, and you can still see the ram.

Image result for rgb air cooler

35-856-100-V08.jpg

4 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

https://t.co/4siMuagY8Y

This looks like a decent RGB air cooler, and you can still see the ram.

Image result for rgb air cooler

Looks pretty decent. But what about the questions I asked?

11 minutes ago, DarkHead34 said:

Looks pretty decent. But what about the questions I asked?

Leaks are a pretty small problem nowadays, pump failures are more common, but those dont damage your components. Also there is something about the aio's drying up in about 5-6 years, so air cooler would last longer.

And what about the warranty?

That i dont know.

6 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Leaks are a pretty small problem nowadays, pump failures are more common, but those dont damage your components.

What do you mean "small problem"?

6 minutes ago, DarkHead34 said:

What do you mean "small problem"?

Dont happen very often anymore. Are pretty rare

6 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Dont happen very often anymore. Are pretty rare

What causes it to happen? Bad installation?

17 minutes ago, DarkHead34 said:

What causes it to happen? Bad installation?

Maybe a factory error, bad installation can also help with it, if you bend the tubing too much etc.

3 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Maybe a factory error, bad installation can also help with it, if you bend the tubing too much etc.

I just checked and the cooler you suggested me (Deepcool Gammaxx) isn't available for me. Are there other cool and efficient coolers?

3 minutes ago, DarkHead34 said:

I just checked and the cooler you suggested me (Deepcool Gammaxx) isn't available for me. Are there other cool and efficient coolers?

Do you mean air coolers? Is rgb neccesary?  Bequiet dark rock 3 pro  and noctua air coolers are really good (performance beats a 240mm radiator), but they arent rgb. You could throw some rgb fans on them and call it a day however...

But if you like the aestehtics then a water cooler isnt really a bad choice too.

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Do you mean air coolers? Is rgb neccesary?  Bequiet dark rock 3 pro  and noctua air coolers are really good (performance beats a 240mm radiator), but they arent rgb. You could throw some rgb fans on them and call it a day however...

My case will be Corsair 570x. Let's take Dark Rock Pro 3, won't it be too big and hide the ram?

2 hours ago, DarkHead34 said:

Like NZXT x62 or Corsair H100i v2, But I am really afraid of leaks. I wanted to make a thread because all of what I find on google is pretty old about leaks and pump failures. What do you think, is it a safe choice? And which one of the coolers' warranty covers damaged parts?

Leaks aren't that common from what I've heard, it's just that when leaks do happen, it's documented. And even if leaks don't happen, it's the pump that's more likely to fail first anyway.

Leaks and failures aside, the NZXT X series is the best for RGB, it's pump has a nice RGB ring.

From what I've heard, Corsair covers damaged parts if and when an AIO of theirs does leak, but don't quote me on that.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

12 minutes ago, seoz said:

Leaks aren't that common from what I've heard, it's just that when leaks do happen, it's documented.

What do you mean documented?