sugestions and comments on new water cooling system.

Go to solution Solved by mimarcu,

okay what if i go for the NZXT KRAKEN G10 GPU BRACKET to mount the CORSAIR Hydro Series H90 High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 140mm for my GPU and the Cooler Master Seidon 240M – All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System with 240mm for my CPU for $189.97 minus shipping would that work with my case and help reduce CPU and GPU temps sufficiently maybe in the future i will go with a more expensive custom cooling loop but for right now i just want a stable system that can handle high loads with a cooling system that isn't too expensive thanks for the reading material it was very informative i now know a lot more about water cooling.

okay no new replys...? ill just try the cpu cooler i outlined for now and come back if i have any issues bye.

Hello all

I’m new to the forums and would like help with picking parts for a water cooling setup which I’m very new to as well i have some nice fans installed already but they don’t do much when I’m doing any heavy gaming, programing, high resource VM's. At idle the temps will be 90 F for the CPU and like 100 F for the GPU but when i game temperatures can reach 160-170 just recently i got a CPU over temp and my computer shutdown :( well now i have some extra money and i want to improve cooling so that my CPU and GPU can be at 100% load with no heat problems. I want to cool the graphics card and the CPU and i would like to do it for $100 or less i was thinking of using two all in one water coolers one for the graphics card and one for the CPU, for the one on the graphics card i was thinking of using the NZXT kraken G10 that Linus showed that can mount all in one water cooling units for the CPU to the GPU, AMD FX-8150 Eight core 3.60 GHZ is my CPU and the XFX Double D FX797GTDFC Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition is my GPU I’m using the Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard and i have room in the top and bottom middle my NZXT Phantom 410 case for radiators any and all help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

*UPDATE:

not going to happen for $100.

okay if not for $100 what about $200 but that's my max i don't want to go over that. also I'm sorry i forgot to put temps in Celsius how inconsiderate of me :P they are as follows, at idle the CPU temperature is 35 Celsius and at 30% use its at 76 Celsius; and my GPU at idle is 37.7 Celsius at 50% utilization its temp is about 71.1 Celcius; also i will look at the water cooling guides you guys referred to below but i also wanted recommendations as to what coolers would be the most compatible with my case GPU, CPU, and CPU socket; as well as what would help them preform the best under high load at low Temps thank you for all your help thus far also i think i forgot to log out when i went to bed sorry about that.

*UPDATE 12:05 AM 1/10/2014: okay i got the new water cooling loop and my first problem is i cant test it it has a 4 pin PWM connector and i only have an adapter on my external power supply for a 3 pin :/

Something is wrong with your components, even with the worst fan set-up you shouldn't be going that badly. 

Which CPU/MB/GPU are you running?

I think you misread slightly.

170f is only 76c.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Off topic: yeah i think it would have been easier if the OP put the temps in C instead of F as alot of progams we use states them as C

back on topic

you should have a look at the Water cooling 101 and watercooling FAQ and that will give you help with your research as it helped me alot

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

okay what if i go for the NZXT KRAKEN G10 GPU BRACKET to mount the CORSAIR Hydro Series H90 High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 140mm for my GPU and the Cooler Master Seidon 240M – All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System with 240mm for my CPU for $189.97 minus shipping would that work with my case and help reduce CPU and GPU temps sufficiently maybe in the future i will go with a more expensive custom cooling loop but for right now i just want a stable system that can handle high loads with a cooling system that isn't too expensive thanks for the reading material it was very informative i now know a lot more about water cooling.

okay no new replys...? ill just try the cpu cooler i outlined for now and come back if i have any issues bye.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE 12:05 AM 1/10/2014: okay i got the new water cooling loop and my first problem is i cant test it it has a 4 pin PWM connector and i only have an adapter on my external power supply for a 3 pin :/

a 4-pin fan will work on a 3-pin power harness. it'll just be at 12volts without any speed adjust.

should have at least one/two 4-pin fan headers on the motherboard.

what cooling loop do you have?

Its a dual 120 mm fan radiator thats two posts above for reference though its the Cooler Master Seidon 240M – All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System.

its the Cooler Master Seidon 240M – All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System.

yeah, looked at the install instructions for that unit and like sad before can be

installed on 3-pin (but no PWM function). but your motherboard has a CPU_FAN

and CPU_OPT (both 4-pin) to plug your cooler into. personally, i'd use the

CPU_FGAN for the splitter for the two fans (mobo fan control - silent) and wire

the pump direct to PSU for 12v operation. no need in regulating pump speed.

its not on the motherboard its for testing using an external power supply i want to make sure it wont leak on my $2000 system the problem is there is some plastic casing around the adpter on the power supply i guess i could cut it off i dont have any tin snips though which would make this eisier.

heres a link to an image of what im using http://images.maplinmedia.co.uk/power-supply-cable-2x-3-pin-male-fan-connectors-to-4-pin-atx-male-028m.jpg%3Fw%3D283%26h%3D283%26r%3D4%26o%3DNKW0A5ZM6eW6ueeERsp8kvEaZ8Aj%26V%3DBJa1

To hacking then!!

Well i got it set up on a makeshift test-bench and it seems to be working just fine, now to see if there are any leaks over the next 48 hours. Thanks for the advice
airdeano :) im off to bed good night all.

well my temps are much better now and I am satisfied with my water cooling solution because my CPU actually feels cool when my computer is at idle and my computer can run prime 95 without overheating I can get so much more out of my computer, now running I’m running two Ubuntu test servers and a Kali Linux Machine all in virtual box, and I can run all my games at ultra-graphics without any problems @_@