Boot Issues LGA775

Hi so I bought second hand parts online for a cheap little LGA775 system to plug into the tv for movies etc.

All the parts i bought had been tested by the seller but obviously thats not to say the parts are duds.

I bought:

-Intel E5200

-Asus P5KPL-CM 

-Hynix DDR2-667 1gb x2 (2GB Total)

For the boot drive i'm using the SSD from my old system which is a Samsung EVO 840. This has my old windows 10 operating system on it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Issue:

When i boot up i get the asus logo etc and the American Megatrends with all the options to flash bios, use default settings and continue to boot 

IMG_3513.thumb.JPG.e4eeb55d5aeb88667f10cf12206456b2.JPG

If i continue booting with default settings it goes to a black screen with the message that it can't find my SSD 

IMG_3516.thumb.JPG.6d5e6e966a6b2138ac44f72dd81d3abf.JPG

So i reset and went into the bios and checked boot priority and the SSD was number 2. In the 1st option was a floppy drive. Not sure why because there isn't one plugged in.

I swapped the SSD to 1st and disabled the floppy drive. Also showing was a CD-Rom drive thats not plugged in. Weird.

pressed F10 to save and exit. As soon as i do this the screen goes grey and does nothing further. no key response, makes me hard reset to try again. I even left it for an hour just to be sure it wasn't just being super slow. If i exit without saving I get the alternative blank blue screen.

When I try for a second time to go into the BIOS none of the changes have been saved, the SSD is back in priority 2 and Floppy Drive in 1.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Things I've tried:

-Reseting Bios to default settings
-Updating the Bios using Asus EZ-Flash and latest ASUS Bios Updates

-Using one stick of ram. Swapping Ram Slots, trying the other stick of ram on its own in each slot.

-Checking BIOS does detect all the RAM, the CPU and SSD

-Moved the SSD to each of the 4 sat ports, also using a different SATA cable

-Checking is the Mobo can see different HDD in all four SATA ports

-Removing the CMOS battery

Any Ideas? :(

IMG_3514.thumb.JPG.abbedc6cbc2c3667fcdd12e42a7385a0.JPG