Can you guys help me pick between these two monitors?

xKalbee

Okay so I play a lot of FPS games like CSGO and I want to upgrade to 144Hz but I can't decide between these 2 monitors. I run an I7-7700k and a GTX1070-8gbDDR5 along side like 16gb of ram and an ssd. So one of these 2 monitors is a bit cheaper but I don't know if it has any drawbacks I'm missing. Besides the cheaper one having Freesync (that I can't use), they look identical. So have a look and help a brother out please and thank you! Monitor #1 (expensive) and Monitor #2 (cheap)

Imo I would go for the free sync one since the VG248QE doesn’t have gsync but that’s just me. Saves you some money in the process too lol

poop

1 minute ago, IdiotPenguin said:

Imo I would go for the free sync one since the VG248QE doesn’t have gsync but that’s just me. Saves you some money in the process too lol

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I just have a hard time believing that I would be getting an extra feature for less. Like why is the ASUS one more expensive and offers less than the AOC one?

2 minutes ago, xKalbee said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I just have a hard time believing that I would be getting an extra feature for less. Like why is the ASUS one more expensive and offers less than the AOC one?

I have the asus one but I can’t really say since this is my first monitor. Maybe you could look through the features on their respective website and compare?

poop

4 minutes ago, xKalbee said:

It might better viewing angles than the aoc monitor. But I would ultimitely go with the aoc since you never know if you might switch to amd. they say that the navi chips in 2019 will be 1080ti level for $200-300, so having freesync might be a big plus in the future.

26 minutes ago, J400 said:

It might better viewing angles than the aoc monitor. But I would ultimitely go with the aoc since you never know if you might switch to amd. they say that the navi chips in 2019 will be 1080ti level for $200-300, so having freesync might be a big plus in the future.

Navi will fail just like vega kind if did imo, just get the cheaper and upgrade to a gsync lator

4 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Navi will fail just like vega kind if did imo, just get the cheaper and upgrade to a gsync lator

the cheaper one has freesync