Quiet closed cooling loop

Dear community,

i was inspired by Linus' Silverstone mini Fortress build and i copied that and so far i am quite happy with it. But the closed loop Watercooling unit pump i use is a bit too loud for my likings so i would like to ask if there are any recommendations for a different model.

Currently i am using a H55 by Corsair and the noise is annoying to me. Maybe the reason for that is, that the pump is above the radiator so it has to pump agains gravity, but thats just a guess. What especially annoys me about the noise is that it is a quite high tone noise. So my question:

Which closed loop watercooling unit pump with a 120 or 140 mm slim radiator is almost whispering quiet or at least is not producing a high ump noise (maybe some deeper kind of noise?). What are your experiences?

Greeting

Alex

The Corsair H80i is silent. I think it uses the same pump/type of pump as the H100i, which I personally have and I can't hear a thing. You'll want to replace the fans it comes with though, they're pretty loud. 

EDIT: Or there's the H90 which is a bit thinner, not sure on the pump of that though.

The Corsair H80i is silent. I think it uses the same pump/type of pump as the H100i, which I personally have and I can't hear a thing. You'll want to replace the fans it comes with though, they're pretty loud. 

Okay thank you, i will have a look at that particular cooler. Again it is not the fan that is the problem, since i used the one that came with the case which is almost not recognisable at all. It is the punp that is a bit noisy in my oppinion.

Cheers

I now have the CoolerMaster 240L Prestige, because my SilverStone Tundra TD03 died on me due to dust getting stuck in the radiator, and the difference is day and night. The TD03  confirmed my hopes that a liquid cooling solution would not only be silent, but also more effective at cooling the CPU. If I had bought the Prestige first I would probably go back to air cooling. Now I'm stuck with a subpar radiator that makes an annoying noise and a "closed" (but optionally "expandable") loop with bigger tubes that isn't as good at cooling as the closed loop with smaller tubes. So yeah, the TD03. TD02 if you want dual fan. It really did the trick. I could get up to 4.7GHz, no problem... untill my dust-bunny haven killed it... Now I'm stuck at 4.4GHz... stupid subpar cooling system... the Prestige, that is...

Thoroughness rating
#########