Help me brainstorm! I'm struggling to get silence and peripherals where I need them.

Hey all!

I need your help to get the brain moving on how to solve two issues. 

I'm trying to:

1. Get my pc as quiet as possible or silent. Either by changing hardware, or moving it to another room.
  2. Utilize 4 monitors. Ideally 4 connections, 2 mirroring the other two. Hdmi splitter is my current set up. I have 3 HDMI cables going to the gpu, 2 using a DVI adapter. However, I can only ever get two monitors to work at once. I also have a displayport to hdmi active adapter, but haven't tried that yet as I still can only get 2 monitors working. That's why I have the splitters, that works, I just have to switch my displays in display settings as my desk is side by side and the vocal booth monitors are stacked.

I'm going to give you lots of details to hopefully prevent some back and forth. First off, here is my PC https://pcpartpicker.com/user/wheflin/saved/6nqgsY text of the build will be at the bottom.

I have 4 Asus monitors that have only HDMI and VGA connections. Two monitors are on my desk, the others are in my vocal booth.

Here's where things get tricky. This is my work computer and I am a full time professional Voice Actor. I record in my vocal booth (a Whisperroom). When the door is shut, it is SILENT, I'm talking -70dbfs. 

I just recently set up a desk outside of my booth for work that doesn't require recording, however, I'd like to eliminate the PC noise as much as possible so I can record quick auditions outside of the booth when they come in. Ideally it needs to be silent, that's goal number one. If that isn't reasonable or is too expensive (over $300 to implement) next best is as quiet as possible.

Currently, my Whisperroom monitors and peripherals are plugged into 15ft extension cables and I have it ran to my closet. I thought this would help, but it doesn't. The closet is by the desk. I just installed the Dark Rock 4 and that cut the most noise down. I think the next loudest thing is my PSU.

Here are things I've thought of or tried:

• Long extension cables - problem: can't get it far enough away to justify the cables, I could run it through a wall but the only option is to a basement living room and I would need longer cables and have to drill a hole. 
  • Moving it to another room - favorite option, but have some roadblocks: would need even longer extension cables and that's a huge chunk of cables to run. Is there an easier way to send all my peripherals to my PC without individual cables? I thought about going the ole' Linus route, upgrading to Intel and using a thunderbolt cable through the wall and using an elgato dock - besides price, what is wrong with this option? No displayports on monitors?
  • Streaming from another PC somehow - concerned about performance, especially when I have live directed sessions with my clients. Would prefer not to rely on internet.
  • Upgrading hardware - pricey, especially for a near perfect solution
  • Using a second PC for the desk area that is quieter, like a solid state laptop? Not my favorite option, just brainstorming.

One other detail, I work almost exclusively off of my home server as far as my files are concerned. 

That's where I'm at. I'm looking for ideas, big and small, come one come all! Help me, Brothers of the Binary, I must have victory. 

I hope we can just start a discussion with ideas back and forth, I'm open to hearing any ideas, even half ideas!

Thanks for your help and ideas!

It is my first time posting here, so my apologies if there are any issues!

~*~

PC Specs:

• CPU: AMD - FX-8150 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor 
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler 
  • Motherboard: ASRock - 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 
  • Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
  • Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
  • Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
  • Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card 
  • Case: be quiet! - Dark Base 900 (Black/Orange) ATX Full Tower Case 
  • Power Supply: Raidmax - 735W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
  • Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer  
  • Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 

15 minutes ago, TheLeastofThese said:

You could just try one of the plugable docks

Do you need to do any gaming on the PC? What's your budget/country for a new everything potentially? Or do you need a full sized PC for stuff?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, TheLeastofThese said:

Raidmax - 735W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 

HOLY SHIT RUN, REPLACE IT ASAP

Get a high end fanless something

If I'm not mistaken fanless PSUs are just like 1000W units with a current cap and no fan

They run about $100-200, probably go seasonic for sure

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4YphP6/seasonic-power-supply-ss520fl2

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rbvbt6/seasonic-prime-titanium-600w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-fanless-atx-power-supply-ssr-600tl

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

HOLY SHIT RUN, REPLACE IT ASAP

Get a high end fanless something

This. All of this.

Get a new gen nvidia card. It will be more efficient and have a auto fan off mode in most cases.

If you don't need much graphics power, consider getting a new cpu with integrated graphics. Eliminates the gpu problem (if it is one) entirely.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Bulldozer CPUs were seriously inefficient when new and now they're extremely inefficient and only good at making lots of heat.

Which then leads to more noise when that heat needs cooling.

But thanks to in reality DRAM maker cartel inflating memory prices updating now would need lot more money.

And wouldn't touch those Crapmaxes except with "fine adjuster".

Doubtfull it was more than 500W PSU when new.

And parts were certainly cheapest which didn't make it go kaboom in factory testing, making its current state questionable.

For some "local" storage space for that PC 5400rpm drives would be quieter than 7200rpm drives.

that raidmax PSU is a hot piece of junk, just dump it out for a fanless PSU or one with semi-fanless mode. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CZvZxr/bitfenix-whisper-m-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg550umag-7fm

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I do some gaming, USA, and I don't necessarily need a full sized PC.

What's the issue with the Raidmax PSU?

Any ideas on how to get the PC in another room?

4 hours ago, TheLeastofThese said:

What's the issue with the Raidmax PSU?

they're mostly all low quality junk that could set itself on fire at anytime barring a couple units.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W