Thermaltake Water 2,0 Extreme vs Noctua NH-U9B SE2

I have a stock clocked 4670k, thinking about overclocking it a bit/upgrading my current cooler, the Noctua NH-U9B SE2. Should I upgrade my cooler to the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme? It's $57.99 after an MIR on NCIX

i7 4770  Asus Z87-A  32GB DDR3 1600    ASUS GTX970 STRIX      NZXT S340     Crucial M550 1TB Commercial Grade SSD     Corsair TX750 750W PSU

depends how hard u want to push your cpu u should be able to do some mild overclocking with the noctua cooler

Yes, it would be an upgrade.

depends how hard u want to push your cpu u should be able to do some mild overclocking with the noctua cooler

Love how I can post a new topic/thread here and pretty much refresh my page and have an answer to my question. 

I'm thinking about going from 3.4GHz to 4.5GHz. If I get to about 4.4 I'll be happy. 

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it. 

i7 4770  Asus Z87-A  32GB DDR3 1600    ASUS GTX970 STRIX      NZXT S340     Crucial M550 1TB Commercial Grade SSD     Corsair TX750 750W PSU

Love how I can post a new topic/thread here and pretty much refresh my page and have an answer to my question. 

I'm thinking about going from 3.4GHz to 4.5GHz. If I get to about 4.4 I'll be happy. 

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it. 

u could probably get around 4.0ghz - 4.2ghz maybe on the noctua anything above that id say probably get the thermaltake but if u already have the noctua just try and see how far u get because u might have a good chip its just luck and if the u need more get the thermaltake.

I have a stock clocked 4670k, thinking about overclocking it a bit/upgrading my current cooler, the Noctua NH-U9B SE2. Should I upgrade my cooler to the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme? It's $57.99 after an MIR on NCIX

ya kinda on two different ends of the spectrum on this choice.

the U9 when at full tilt will make a great bit of loaded fan noise. opt for a 120 version

for lower fan noise. the 2.0extreme is a great option, but not a lot of cases can accept

the 38mm thickness radiator. i have one and on silent (stock fans) does a good job)

and on extreme a -5° drop, but a much louder experience. will depend on fan curve

selected. different fans for silence didn't seem to change the temperatures too much.

ya kinda on two different ends of the spectrum on this choice.

the U9 when at full tilt will make a great bit of loaded fan noise. opt for a 120 version

for lower fan noise. the 2.0extreme is a great option, but not a lot of cases can accept

the 38mm thickness radiator. i have one and on silent (stock fans) does a good job)

and on extreme a -5° drop, but a much louder experience. will depend on fan curve

selected. different fans for silence didn't seem to change the temperatures too much.

Yeah 120s are definitely quieter than 92s. If I run the fans at anything higher than 1000rpm (which is relatively high) along with 4 case fans, it sounds like I have a washing machine in my room. I'm thinking about getting NF-F12s because I'm hearing people are having bad luck with the sotkc fans with vibration, are you having any issues with them?

As well, I have a Corsair 200R, I hope it'll fit. I'll probably make a separate topic and see what people with say. 

u could probably get around 4.0ghz - 4.2ghz maybe on the noctua anything above that id say probably get the thermaltake but if u already have the noctua just try and see how far u get because u might have a good chip its just luck and if the u need more get the thermaltake.

Every time I try to overclock with the Asus AI Suite, my system shuts down, and even when I try to overclock within the bios, it's not so stable. I get to about 40-50 degrees idle with an overclock with my Noctua. 

Yeah 120s are definitely quieter than 92s. If I run the fans at anything higher than 1000rpm (which is relatively high) along with 4 case fans, it sounds like I have a washing machine in my room. I'm thinking about getting NF-F12s because I'm hearing people are having bad luck with the sotkc fans with vibration, are you having any issues with them?

As well, I have a Corsair 200R, I hope it'll fit. I'll probably make a separate topic and see what people with say. 

Every time I try to overclock with the Asus AI Suite, my system shuts down, and even when I try to overclock within the bios, it's not so stable. I get to about 40-50 degrees idle with an overclock with my Noctua. 

They shouldn't even give you the ability to overclock within the OS. It can completely break your install. You should avoid it.

They shouldn't even give you the ability to overclock within the OS. It can completely break your install. You should avoid it.

Thanks for your advice, I'll use the bios from now on. 

It may depend on your luck, but it's not really worth the risk. I used to have a Phenom 1055T six core, stock clocked at 2.8GHz, used the Asus AI Suite and it got to 3.6GHz stable and worked like a charm for over a year. 

for the small time i used the 200r (complete lack of h2o cooling without total case hack)

the OE fans were OK(?) using the F12 is wrong use, use the P12 (quieter and available in PWM)

i hadn't had vibration ills, but they stayed in the case 5mins, so dunna know.

as to AIO in 200R is only single fan AIO (H80/i and alike) as the roof is to low slung to

keep everything internal and without hacking up the case. and the 300R isn't much better *pout*

i used the Prolimatech Meghalems Black w/SP120 QE PWM and that was noice.