Recover files without working LCD or digitizer.

Go to solution Solved by t4ils,

As long as the buttons still work, you can install TWRP (https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxycoreprimequalcomm.html) through Odin. Once you have TWRP installed, you can connect your phone to your PC and access all the files. I did this with my S5 and it worked fine for me.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Core prime sm-g360V. 

Is there any way to enable USB Debugging from a computer. I don't have CWM on it, or any custom recovery. 

-Thanks

1 minute ago, Jackestrel said:

Is there any way to enable USB Debugging from a computer. I don't have CWM on it, or any custom recovery. 

Buy another one and transplant the flash? Actually no idea if that would work.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Jackestrel said:

I'm pretty sure you are fucked. I would recommend sending it to a data recovery center if you aren't keeping the phone. Unless you want to replace the lcd.

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Buy another one and transplant the flash? Actually no idea if that would work.

Yeah, I have another phone the exact same model. I was gonna just try and put my LCD on the broken one, but it's kinda annoying having to unscrew the smallest fucking things on the planet, and tbh the screws break on me all the time and I didn't wanna risk it on the phone that I actually use.

-Thanks

1 minute ago, H20Burner said:

I'm pretty sure you are fucked. I would recommend sending it to a data recovery center if you aren't keeping the phone. Unless you want to replace the lcd.

Yeah it's like 22.27 for another LCD. But I don't think I wanna spend that on it. This phone is just for messing around with firmware so im gonna brick it eventually.

-Thanks

2 minutes ago, Jackestrel said:

Yeah, I have another phone the exact same model. I was gonna just try and put my LCD on the broken one, but it's kinda annoying having to unscrew the smallest fucking things on the planet, and tbh the screws break on me all the time and I didn't wanna risk it on the phone that I actually use.

Probably easily to move the display ya.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Jackestrel said:

Yeah it's like 22.27 for another LCD. But I don't think I wanna spend that on it. This phone is just for messing around with firmware so im gonna brick it eventually.

If its for messing around with firmware, I don't think theres anything important? 

2 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

If its for messing around with firmware, I don't think theres anything important? 

There isn't, but Id still like to be able to use enable USB debugging so I can use Vysor to at least have a use for it. 

-Thanks

On 7/5/2018 at 7:37 PM, t4ils said:

As long as the buttons still work, you can install TWRP (https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxycoreprimequalcomm.html) through Odin. Once you have TWRP installed, you can connect your phone to your PC and access all the files. I did this with my S5 and it worked fine for me.

I tried this but I wasn't sure if this was the right img for the core prime. I have been using Vysor to still access it, but I greatly appreciate the custom recovery idea as that actually is my ultimate goal. I thought about doing this actually but I didn't think TWRP had an img for my device. I'll try what you linked me in Twrp

-Thanks