SSD Write Performance Issue.

System:

CPU: i7 8700k

MB: ASUS Z370-A (Currently BIOS 0809)

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5"

Windows 10 Pro 1803      Build: 17134.137

i've been having this issue for a while now, my memory is not that great so i can't really tell you the specific date, but it started in June.

so i bought my SSD on 20/06 and i've had BIOS 0616 on my motherboard, benchmarked the drive thoroughly with lots of software to make sure everything is to spec, and it was working perfectly, even a little above spec.

but after i installed BIOS 0805 i've been having these Write issues (i didn't check after i installed 0805 instantly but i checked a few days after i installed it for sure), that BIOS also includes the new Intel ME update (Management Engine), i think that is related to the new Spectre Variant 4

while benchmarking my SSD with DiskMark my SSD starts with 530mb/s with 500-100ms average latency (according to Task Manager), then it quickly drops down to 330mb/s and the latency jumps to 16000ms and it stays there.

what the hell seems to be the problem? i really don't get it...

i really need more information about this, and if someone has the same board or similar ASUS board with the same BIOS.

(i do not have another system to test unfortunately) 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

also i have another SSD and an HDD, and they both also spike to 16000ms while writing, i just need more information to confirm if its either Windows updates or BIOS updates.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.