Considering Define R6 for Upgrade, but I have questions.

I'm considering buying the Fractal Design Define R6 White Tempered Glass case as a future upgrade for my build, but I have a few questions about it before I upgrade.

• Would it be able to fit a hardline custom loop with a CPU, 2 GPUs and a large pump/res combo in it?
  • If was to remove the drive cages in the front of the case, would I have anywhere else to mount 3.5" drives or would I be stuck with 2.5" and M.2?
  • Should I bother with a radiator on the bottom, or skip it since I'm already planning for a 360 and a 420?
  • If I remove the front HDD mount, would I be able to put a thick 420 rad with push-pull fans and a thin 360 on top at the same time?

Thanks a lot in advance! Hope you have a nice day or night depending on your time zone.

10 minutes ago, Nizo_GTO said:

Answers below in bold.

I'm considering buying the Fractal Design Define R6 White Tempered Glass case as a future upgrade for my build, but I have a few questions about it before I upgrade.

• Would it be able to fit a hardline custom loop with a CPU, 2 GPUs and a large pump/res combo in it?
  • This loop would not be a problem in this case.
  • If was to remove the drive cages in the front of the case, would I have anywhere else to mount 3.5" drives or would I be stuck with 2.5" and M.2?
  • You can mount 2 3.5" drives vertically behind the panel that moves back.
  • Should I bother with a radiator on the bottom, or skip it since I'm already planning for a 360 and a 420?
  • I personally wouldn't bother as I don't think it would gain you much.
  • If I remove the front HDD mount, would I be able to put a thick 420 rad with push-pull fans and a thin 360 on top at the same time?
  • You cannot fit a 420 in the front of the case you are limited to a 360. You can put a 420 on the top but may run into clearance issues with ram and motherboard and you would be limited on thickness. 
  • http://www.fractal-design.com/media/ce46a531-d80e-4c10-82c9-ae19d42d53e7 if you follow this link this is the fractal manual for the define r6 and on page 31 will have all of the options available to you in the watercooling configuration.

I have this case and it is great to build in. In my config I have the 60mm thick 240mm rad in the front and a slim 360 in the top. This keeps my delidded 7700k at 28c at idle at 5.1Ghz and never exceeds 55c with my 1080ti overclocked in the same loop my GPU never gets beyond 50c according to x precision.

Thanks a lot in advance! Hope you have a nice day or night depending on your time zone.

20 minutes ago, Nizo_GTO said:
  1. Would it be able to fit a hardline custom loop with a CPU, 2 GPUs and a large pump/res combo in it?
  2. If was to remove the drive cages in the front of the case, would I have anywhere else to mount 3.5" drives or would I be stuck with 2.5" and M.2?
  3. Should I bother with a radiator on the bottom, or skip it since I'm already planning for a 360 and a 420?
  4. If I remove the front HDD mount, would I be able to put a thick 420 rad with push-pull fans and a thin 360 on top at the same time?
  1. yes
  2. prolly on the side panel:View Full Size
  3. no, 360x60 in the front and 240x60 in the roof is enough, possibly 45mm thick rads might skate.
  4. nope.. 420 p/p is a no as the front 360 will collide. unless looking to remove a fan on the 420, reducing the cooling effect and you'll lose the HDD for sure.

4 minutes ago, sky_shark_101 said:

Answers below in bold.

• This loop would not be a problem in this case.
  • You can mount 2 3.5" drives vertically behind the panel that moves back.
  • I personally wouldn't bother as I don't think it would gain you much.
  • You cannot fit a 420 in the front of the case you are limited to a 360. You can put a 420 on the top but may run into clearance issues with ram and motherboard and you would be limited on thickness. 
  • http://www.fractal-design.com/media/ce46a531-d80e-4c10-82c9-ae19d42d53e7 if you follow this link this is the fractal manual for the define r6 and on page 31 will have all of the options available to you in the watercooling configuration.

I have this case and it is great to build in. In my config I have the 60mm thick 240mm rad in the front and a slim 360 in the top. This keeps my delidded 7700k at 28c at idle at 5.1Ghz and never exceeds 55c with my 1080ti overclocked in the same loop my GPU never gets beyond 50c according to x precision.

Thanks a lot for your help.

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:
  1. yes
  2. prolly on the side panel:
  3. no, 360x60 in the front and 240x60 in the roof is enough, possibly 45mm thick rads might skate.
  4. nope.. 420 p/p is a no as the front 360 will collide. unless looking to remove a fan on the 420, reducing the cooling effect and you'll lose the HDD for sure.