Urgent help please...

Just completed my new PC setup, however as soon as turn on the pc it come up with the following error:

CPU Fan Error! Press F1 to run setup.

Then the pc shuts off after like 3-4 minutes and if i turn it on again it shuts off sooner, something like less than 1min.

I've checked the whole fans in the case, and they are all working fine. please note that the motherboard is Asus Rampage IV Extreme, and the CPU is i7-3930K.

The cooling system on the CPU is the NZXT Kraken x60.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v9268w.jpg

Any idea?

If anyone can help me with this please, thanks...

Do you have the x60 cable plugged in to the Cpu fan header. That is your issue. You need the header plugged in. If it doesn't have one just take a spare fan and cut the header and 1 inch or so of cable and plug that in.

Do you have the x60 cable plugged in to the Cpu fan header. That is your issue.

I have it in the CPU_OPT because when I plug it into CPU_FAN the temp increases up and up...

you can either connect a fan or just turn that off in the bios. dunno exactly what its called, but there is an option to ignore the error and boot.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I have it in the CPU_OPT because when I plug it into CPU_FAN the temp increases up and up...

You need it in the CPU_FAN. The bios is saying there is no fan plugged in. Just do the old fan thing I mentioned in my first post and plug that on. It will solve your issue IF the x60 is set up correctly everywhere else.

You need it in the CPU_FAN. The bios is saying there is no fan plugged in. Just do the old fan thing I mentioned in my first post and plug that on. It will solve your issue IF the x60 is set up correctly everywhere else.

Add my skype: xttgxpoisonx     This is the problem when I have it it the CPU_FAN it goes up and up! To like 70 C!

Add my skype: xttgxpoisonx     This is the problem when I have it it the CPU_FAN it goes up and up! To like 70 C!

Something doesn't feel right. Skype me and i will help.

thats normal temps

thats normal temps

70C is not normal temp if he has an X60. I have H100 and mine is currently 35C and tops out at 50C, maybe higher on a particularly hot day.

OP, if you take out the GPU and take out other fans, can you hear the pump start?