Need to know more

OK so i was looking at an old system i had just sitting around and it had a Ram Stick 8gb DDR3 1600 is it ok to but it in a system already runing with two matching 4gb sticks not sure what the speed on the 4gb ones are its my brothers pc i'd have to go to his house and look but would it work ok its a E lite + says and on the stick it self 8GB DDR3 1600 CL 11-11-11-28 1.5v

22 minutes ago, Dave10606 said:

OK so i was looking at an old system i had just sitting around and it had a Ram Stick 8gb DDR3 1600 is it ok to but it in a system already runing with two matching 4gb sticks not sure what the speed on the 4gb ones are its my brothers pc i'd have to go to his house and look but would it work ok its a E lite + says and on the stick it self 8GB DDR3 1600 CL 11-11-11-28 1.5v

The answer is:

It depends.

Yes, if the mobo supports that much ram.

Running an odd numberof sticks (2x4 + 1x8) might slow the system down a bit, but you may not notice.

Also, the ram will clock down to the lowest speed one. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

its a Cyberpower pre-build so not sure what motherbored it is i think it Asus but thats all i know for now

1 hour ago, Dave10606 said:

its a Cyberpower pre-build so not sure what motherbored it is i think it Asus but thats all i know for now

Typically these things are either silkscreened onto the motherboard (usually near the RAM) or you can find out in the BIOS, or the POST screen, if you are fast enough.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.