2DS not charging

I have a nintendo 2ds (used) and 2ds xl (bought brand new). I used the 2ds xl to play my overpriced nintendo cards that i want to play online and i use the 2ds to run CFW. The 2ds wont charge bro and it started like a week after i put cfw on it.I saw some videos on youtube and 2 caught my attention: 1 with a kid who just swapped the battery (didn't work for me) and another one for 3ds who said the issue might be the charging port. The second video wanted me to resolder the charging port to the 2ds motherboard. As emotionally fulfilling as that sounds i wanted some opinions on 2 things.

-Do you guys think its worth the effort to troubleshoot and fix this thing? (i already spent $50 on it and may have to spend $20 on a soldering iron set)

-Why do you think its not charging? (the charger is fine and works on my 2ds xl and the 2ds powers on just fine)

Bolivia.

The 3DS/2DS (same thing) charging port doesn't tend to be the most durable thing around. Would probably be better to get a new port soldered to the board as opposed to re soldering the existing one. Need to do this to my sister's 3DS (og Red) soon.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 6/29/2018 at 10:07 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

The 3DS/2DS (same thing) charging port doesn't tend to be the most durable thing around. Would probably be better to get a new port soldered to the board as opposed to re soldering the existing one. Need to do this to my sister's 3DS (og Red) soon.

4realz? i might have to buy a new port too? The only reason im not emulating roms is because i cant access the DLC using Citra... so frustrating...

Bolivia.

5 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

4realz? i might have to buy a new port too? The only reason im not emulating roms is because i cant access the DLC using Citra... so frustrating...

The port itself shouldn't be very expensive, though you also require the soldering equipment (iron, fresh solder, wick, flux, etc), the skills, or the time of someone with aforementioned requirements. If you already have equipment and the skills, you're merely out the cost of the port and a few minutes of time. Nintendo's stuff is remarkably easy to take apart compared to modern smartphones and many laptops.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The port itself shouldn't be very expensive, though you also require the soldering equipment (iron, fresh solder, wick, flux, etc), the skills, or the time of someone with aforementioned requirements. If you already have equipment and the skills, you're merely out the cost of the port and a few minutes of time. Nintendo's stuff is remarkably easy to take apart compared to modern smartphones and many laptops.

lol im on science buddies learning to solder after ive seen the dos and don'ts videos on youtube. I had so many plans too. Here's whats going on in my head!

Why should i fix this shit?!? the screen soo small and the previous owner really revved out her buttons too>if i get the soldering eq i should probably just solder mod my 2dsxl to boot cfw and be done with, at least then i'd have a bigger screen and nice firm buttons!>why go through that trouble though you can get a flash card for $65 that does just that>i already spent that kind of money on the 2ds! now it failed me,more things could go wrong...>I dont just keep it lying there would be a real waste of $40 ..>Why should i fix this shit?!? the screen soo small and the previous owner really revved out her buttons too...

My own thoughts torment me... maybe ill fix it when i feel like i need to and just forget it for now

Bolivia.