Samsung S9+ stock OS or Google Pixel 3 (XL?)

Hi all,

I recently bricked my old galaxy S7. Before I did that, I vowed not to go back to Samsung because I hate all of their bloat wear. But, since I was procrastinating on a Sunday night playing with the phone, I was left at a mall with not much options due to phone plans and cost and etc.... I now have the new Samsung S9+ and again, I am tired of Samsung not allowing users to remove their unwanted software. Its like when you get a laptop with the manufactures bloat ware, except then you are able to just put a clean version of windows on the phone and move on. 

The first question I have is does anyone know a way to get a nice stock Android OS on a Samsung phone? I would just like something that would allow me to start from scratch and customize it the way I want.

If that does not exist, which after some quick research it does not seem to exist (or at least easily), the question is should I keep the Samsung or wait for the upcoming Pixel 3. I know the new Pixel 3 would probably have a notch and I lose the headphone jack and SD card, but I have blue tooth headphones anyways and I usually used the SD card for music, but with Google Play Music I now just stream a lot and only download some favourites. I would be able to have an old iPhone 5s for the mean time if I do decide to wait, so that is not an issue. I guess what I am wondering is what people's opinion is in this matter. 

CPUAMD 3800x; GPUASUS TUF RTX 3070; Motherboard: Asus Prime x570-Pro;

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

Hmmm, I personally created a menu folder "Samsung Apps" and put all of the more-or-less useful apps in there, leaving only those truly useful. After setting the phone up properly, I have zero issues or complaints to the OS and the Samsung Experience UI. I've got an S9 btw.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

20 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Hmmm, I personally created a menu folder "Samsung Apps" and put all of the more-or-less useful apps in there, leaving only those truly useful. After setting the phone up properly, I have zero issues or complaints to the OS and the Samsung Experience UI. I've got an S9 btw.

My friend has the S8 and said that's what he did, but still runs in the background and eats up memory and storage. 

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

If you're looking at a higher end phone...why not consider the OnePlus 6? I've gone from a Nexus 5 to a Nexus 5X to the OnePlus 6 and it is a very nice near-stock experience.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

1 minute ago, Krolic said:

My friend has the S8 and said that's what he did, but still runs in the background and eats up memory and storage. 

I've never had an issue with the lack of storage or CPU & memory so I can't say anything about that, even if they run in the background they've never caused any issues to me. I've had the S9 since the launch week.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I've never had an issue with the lack of storage or CPU & memory so I can't say anything about that, even if they run in the background they've never caused any issues to me. I've had the S9 since the launch week.

Ok, fair enough. I know thats an option, just not one I am personally a fan of. 

My vote goes to Samsung. My S8s are smoother running than my XZ Premium.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

My vote goes to Samsung. My S8s are smoother running than my XZ Premium.

That's a Sony phone.

9 minutes ago, Krolic said:

That's a Sony phone.

Yeah, but it's also the closest to stock one gets with a phone. All the bloatware is easily disabled and doesn't take up resources like an absolute glut.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.