My TV is detected as Generic monitor

Hey there, I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I recently got

I bough a 3 meter VGA cable to use it with my computer and TV, the VGA goes to the TV port and the other side goes into a VGA to displayport adapter which also goes to the graphics card; previously with a shorter VGA cable, windows would detect my TV branding and model but since I bought the 3 meter long cable, it would only detect the Full HDTV as generic monitor, decreasing the native resolution to 1280x1024. The drivers are up to date and I already tried connecting the adapter to other ports onto the Card but doesn't seems to be working. Do you know if maybe the length of the cable or the model could be affecting the resolution?

Thank you!

This probably has an easy fix, either look for a driver for your TV , or try going into your graphics card control panel and create a custom resolution for what the TV is capable of. You did not list the model of the TV or your OS, so I am unable to search for a driver for you. Try those things out and let me know if it helps!

23 hours ago, y0y0ninja said:

This probably has an easy fix, either look for a driver for your TV , or try going into your graphics card control panel and create a custom resolution for what the TV is capable of. You did not list the model of the TV or your OS, so I am unable to search for a driver for you. Try those things out and let me know if it helps!

I tried that as well but i was only able to find the update firmware for the TV, and my graphic card wouldn't let me set a custom resolution; but i found a third party solution on this page: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
It's a program that allows you to set a custom resolution

17 hours ago, Nextime04 said:

I tried that as well but i was only able to find the update firmware for the TV, and my graphic card wouldn't let me set a custom resolution; but i found a third party solution on this page: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
It's a program that allows you to set a custom resolution

Well Im gad to hear you found a solution. What GPU is in your computer that wont let you create a custom resolution?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 11:30 PM, y0y0ninja said:

Well Im gad to hear you found a solution. What GPU is in your computer that wont let you create a custom resolution?

So sorry it took me so long to reply :/ I am using a GTX 1060 but I strongly believe it's the VGA cable I was using, with a shorter one it would detected 1080 with no problem, but now I killed everything and generated another problem, I installed an incompatible CPU to the motherboard and now it will power cycle