Gigabyte Software

atomburst

This post is going to be a complete rabbit hole of my crappy troubleshooting so turn away now if not up for reading a novel. So I bought a used gigabyte gtx 1070 xtreme gaming off ebay and was satisfied. Ran In to some problems with OC Guru 2 not launching but I fixed it by using Xtreme gaming software Instead. Eventually the Xtreme gaming wouldnt launch wither, and I would click on it and it would ask for admin permission and I would grant it but then nothing. So i get aorus engine, which launched once but then had the same problem, and better yet, after using this, I couldn't control my leds, and now theyre stuck off. I tried reinstalling and everything a bunch and nothing. So I said oh well Ill use msi afterburniner and use nvidia led controller. Afterburner is working fine, I just wanted everything (OCing and LEDs) Under one roof but eh its fine. So I go to install the nvidia led control, and it asks me for admin permission to install, sure, and then I wait. The installer flashes on screen very briefly, like faster than I can read or tell any of what it says, and then dissapears . I tried installing older versions and stuff, that didnt help, I did the classic restart of pc, nope. Took out gpu and waited for a bit, then reinstalled, nope. Used a secondary drive and installed there instead, nope. Im pretty new to PC stuff. although I know a bit, im pretty much shooting in the dark. Any relation, tips, or answers is appreciated because I really need these LEDs for the extra FPS. :P 

15 minutes ago, atomburst said:

This post is going to be a complete rabbit hole of my crappy troubleshooting so turn away now if not up for reading a novel. So I bought a used gigabyte gtx 1070 xtreme gaming off ebay and was satisfied. Ran In to some problems with OC Guru 2 not launching but I fixed it by using Xtreme gaming software Instead. Eventually the Xtreme gaming wouldnt launch wither, and I would click on it and it would ask for admin permission and I would grant it but then nothing. So i get aorus engine, which launched once but then had the same problem, and better yet, after using this, I couldn't control my leds, and now theyre stuck off. I tried reinstalling and everything a bunch and nothing. So I said oh well Ill use msi afterburniner and use nvidia led controller. Afterburner is working fine, I just wanted everything (OCing and LEDs) Under one roof but eh its fine. So I go to install the nvidia led control, and it asks me for admin permission to install, sure, and then I wait. The installer flashes on screen very briefly, like faster than I can read or tell any of what it says, and then dissapears . I tried installing older versions and stuff, that didnt help, I did the classic restart of pc, nope. Took out gpu and waited for a bit, then reinstalled, nope. Used a secondary drive and installed there instead, nope. Im pretty new to PC stuff. although I know a bit, im pretty much shooting in the dark. Any relation, tips, or answers is appreciated because I really need these LEDs for the extra FPS. :P 

Doesn't sound like your GPU, but rather your system in general.

Like bad RAM, failing power supply, or corrupted OS install

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 6/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Doesn't sound like your GPU, but rather your system in general.

Like bad RAM, failing power supply, or corrupted OS install

So maybe reinstall OS?

2 hours ago, atomburst said:

So maybe reinstall OS?

I'd start there....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 hours ago, atomburst said:

made a mistake with gigabyte, as did i. Warranty service is nonexistent. Took me over a month and had to pay 50 dollars in shipping that i had to pay for and then it took them a month to fix my 2000 dollar laptop. They sent it back by grounds and it took another week.

While I like Gigabyte hardware, I have never had to use their support luckily. 

Unfortunately their software sucks. 

I've fiddled around with the two software packages you mentioned from Gigabyte. They seem to only sometimes work. I had some luck with restarting after each setting change. But it seems pretty random. 

This is with a GTX 1060. 

On 6/25/2018 at 3:17 AM, DogKnight said:

While I like Gigabyte hardware, I have never had to use their support luckily. 

Unfortunately their software sucks. 

I've fiddled around with the two software packages you mentioned from Gigabyte. They seem to only sometimes work. I had some luck with restarting after each setting change. But it seems pretty random. 

This is with a GTX 1060. 

Alright thanks all for answering. After reading other possibilities online and answers here, something seems a little weird with my setup since not even nvidias software would work, however I think there are some problems on gigabytes end as well. Ive foumnd that if I justd elete the app and then reinstall the exe and launch after install it (Kinda) works. Leds are sometimes woring sometimes not, but I can still OC and make fan curves using after burner. Thanks Guys!

Quick edit, LEDs are working again i just have to unistall then reinstall and check launch when finished. Im aware those in the thread may not need this specificly but its a troubleshooting tip for anyone who stumbles across this page.

Edited by atomburst