Would acrylic windows still be ok for RGB?

PackYourBaggins

So I'm putting together an RGB build soon, and I'm having some trouble picking a case. I've heard some people say tempered glass is the best option to show off RGB in the case, but is acrylic really that bad compared to tempered glass?

Here's my dilemma: I was sure I wanted the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Tempered glass) but after thinking on it for a while, I realized that it has a closed off front panel, and I wouldn't see any of my RGB fans that are mounted in the front. After looking a bit today, the Corsair 570X drew a bit of interest from me for obvious reasons, but it's a mid tower. I originally opted for the Enthoo Luxe cause it was a full tower. I then came across the Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, which is a big, full tower case, and in the front, there's an opening where you can see 2 of the front fans, but the only drawback is that the side panel windows is acrylic.

It'd be an easy decision if the 750D AFE had a tempered glass side-panel, but I find myself pretty conflicted. Would it really look that much worse if I had a case with an acrylic window for an RGB build?

Acrylic windows are still fine for RGB. Tempered glass just looks more premium and occasionally takes up most of, if not the entire side of the case, which means you can show off more of your build. (Some cases with acrylic windows are like this as well, but they're not as common)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I really realy like my tempered glass case, it looks like nothings there to the point where when my pc friend saw it he said "do you have a side panel" no joke. Acrylic is nice if you wanted to be cheaper but has is clearly visible to you and if you ever wanted to take pictures you would want to take that off. Id recommend the nzxt s340 or a meshify c.

7 minutes ago, Church1540 said:

I really realy like my tempered glass case, it looks like nothings there to the point where when my pc friend saw it he said "do you have a side panel" no joke. Acrylic is nice if you wanted to be cheaper but has is clearly visible to you and if you ever wanted to take pictures you would want to take that off. Id recommend the nzxt s340 or a meshify c.

The Meshify C is much too small, and the S340 also has a closed off front panel as well as being a bit small itself. These won't work I'm afraid. I should also mention I need a case that at least supports a 360mm rad, cause that's the cooler I've chose.

You see no difference but the main thing with glass is it’s scratch resistance and clarity to some cheaper plastics. Personally I like tempered glass for the full open side window which allows you to see everything. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

You see no difference but the main thing with glass is it’s scratch resistance and clarity to some cheaper plastics. Personally I like tempered glass for the full open side window which allows you to see everything. 

I really do want that, and if I had to pick a tempered glass case it'd be the Corsair 570X, no doubt, but my main concern is cable management, which is why I kinda want a full tower. I feel like a full tower would give me the best options and ability to neatly route my cables, so I'm a bit reluctant to get a mid-tower.

1 hour ago, RelentlessN7 said:

I really do want that, and if I had to pick a tempered glass case it'd be the Corsair 570X, no doubt, but my main concern is cable management, which is why I kinda want a full tower. I feel like a full tower would give me the best options and ability to neatly route my cables, so I'm a bit reluctant to get a mid-tower.

Cable routing just takes time, it's not over difficult with the proper products and cables. If you plan out your routes and needed connections with either custom cables or the ones provided it can be quite good. 

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

Cable routing just takes time, it's not over difficult with the proper products and cables. If you plan out your routes and needed connections with either custom cables or the ones provided it can be quite good. 

Well I do plan on getting a sleeved cable kit. Specifically these http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-pro-modmesh-e-series-g3-g2-p2-t2-cable-kit-carbon.html

These will go on my EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W. Maybe cable management won't be as bad I think?

Just now, RelentlessN7 said:

Well I do plan on getting a sleeved cable kit. Specifically these http://www.performance-pcs.com/cablemod-pro-modmesh-e-series-g3-g2-p2-t2-cable-kit-carbon.html

These will go on my EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W. Maybe cable management won't be as bad I think?

If we're talking about the 570X it has decent cable management space but to make it look good it just takes some patience. There is a routing channel for you to hide or tidy up the 24 pin cabling if needed and the bottom PSU cover should help with most of the extra slack. 

Here's an example of it with sleeved cabling:

Spoiler

Image result for corsair 570x cable management

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

If we're talking about the 570X it has decent cable management space but to make it look good it just takes some patience. There is a routing channel for you to hide or tidy up the 24 pin cabling if needed and the bottom PSU cover should help with most of the extra slack. 

Here's an example of it with sleeved cabling:

Hide contents

Image result for corsair 570x cable management

Wow that's super neat. I hope I can make my cabling look half as nice as that. And yeah, I'm pretty much sold on the 570X at this point. It's too nice looking not to get for this build.

1 minute ago, RelentlessN7 said:

Wow that's super neat. I hope I can make my cabling look half as nice as that. And yeah, I'm pretty much sold on the 570X at this point. It's too nice looking not to get for this build.

The channel really helps to keep it clean, and the dark tint on the glass panels. I really like the crystal series myself probably will be one of the new cases I get if I ever change mine but just can't part with my old Corsair 650D that I modified.