Kernel power event 41 task 63

Hey all,

So here we go. In the past few weeks my computer just seem to restart when playing games for no reason. I've tried troubleshooting with what I've got (not a lot) and gotten nowhere. I get kernel power event 41 task 63, the rest is there:

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI true
    CheckpointStatus 0

The thing is that it only happens when I play games, sometimes at the beginning of the match sometimes 40 mins in a gaming run. A lot of the articles said that it could be a RAM or power supply issue, but the thing is that I've done the memory check and the RAM came back as fine, and I've also done some stress tests just to see if the power supply couldn't handle it anymore but it all went good. I've done a fresh install of Win10 and it didn't seem to help. Also blown what little dust there was inside and reseated the RAM.

The games that this happens in are Overwatch, Rainbow 6, War Thunder.

I'm in a bit of a pickle on this one, so if some one could give me suggestions on what to try next, that would be great. Sorry for the bad English, not a native speaker here.

System specs:

i5 4670k (returned to stock speeds after Win10 install)

MSI Z87 G45 Gaming (flashed to the latest bios)

ASUS GTX980 STRIX (latest drivers)

Corsair vengeance 16gb (returned from 2133 to 1600)

2x Samsung 840pro in raid 0

Corsair corsair CX750M (should be more then enough)

Have the same thing. Ive tried tons of things and nothinf helps. The thing that mostly everybody says is it could be a PSU issue.

Thx, I'll try and put a friends psu, 1500w one, and see if that solves the issue.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:38 AM, lavaleta said:

Thx, I'll try and put a friends psu, 1500w one, and see if that solves the issue.

Sounds good, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i finally found the answer to my problem, i just moved back home from uni for the summer and the problem is gone, for today at least.

Will wait and see if it comes back.

Thanks for posting on this dead thread.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 1:23 AM, lavaleta said:

I think i finally found the answer to my problem, i just moved back home from uni for the summer and the problem is gone, for today at least.

Will wait and see if it comes back.

Thanks for posting on this dead thread.

How did the problem go away exactly? It just stopped?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 8:16 PM, JorenBus said:

How did the problem go away exactly? It just stopped?

Well it just went away for some reason, maybe the electricity was better here, but 10 days ago it started again, on a fresh Win install btw.

In the mean time I upgraded my pc with a new CPU, mobo, and RAM and it was good for a few days but then it started again.

I dont know what to do next, maybe change the PSU