Replace Laptop Wireless card?

So I have a Dell Inspiron something (Sorry don't have it with me right now)

It has a working wireless card, only problem is one of the connectors (the place on the card where the two wires connect) is broken, like the circular metal piece on the card itself has come off leading to extremely poor signal (basically useless unless I'm within like 5 ft of router)

Should I buy another wireless card? Do it matter which card I buy? (Assuming I buy something made for other Dell laptops and that physically fits)

I know that the size of the current card is same as this

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks! 

Edit: Fixed link

Open up the back of it, and have a look at which one is inserted. If you can take it out, copy the model number down and Google it. You should be able to find results and where to buy it.

Or just use Ethernet.

hi.

Just now, CutieFX said:

You could buy another one or just buy a wifi stick

1 minute ago, Fatlooser123 said:

I would say a wifi usb stick. I just way easyer

Well I did buy the TP-Link TL-WN725N only to find out that it's signal strength is very poor and to have it stuck in the USB port and came part by part when tired to remove

Was I just unlucky? 

2 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Well I did buy the TP-Link TL-WN725N only to find out that it's signal strength is very poor and to have it stuck in the USB port and came part by part when tired to remove

Was I just unlucky? 

yes i also had the same wifi stick and it wasnt bad and didnt break.

but if you have the knowledge than you could change the wifi card :)

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Open up the back of it, and have a look at which one is inserted. If you can take it out, copy the model number down and Google it. You should be able to find results and where to buy it.

Or just use Ethernet.

Will do that when my dad gets it back, 

Sorry I forgot to mention, my dad also travels with this Laptop so he needs Wi-Fi

What's your take on internal vs USB adapter? Should I try a different one or was I just unlucky? (Read other reply) 

7 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Was I just unlucky? 

Yes, I would suggest a wifi stick for around 30 to 50$

For example https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-Adapter-WUSB6300/dp/B00EDOG8NC?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAINYWQL7SPW7D7JCA&tag=aboutcom02lifewire-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00EDOG8NC&ascsubtag=2377825|google.ch|||48%2C40%2C34%2C50%2C30%2C10|1|

3 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Was I just unlucky? 

I'd say you're quite unlucky here.

Aside from that, if it's the card connector for the antenna that's broken and not the antenna cable itself, it's pretty simple to replace.  Just get the same type of card or a card with the same specs (based on format, number of antennae, etc.) swap the card in and connect the leads to the card.

3 minutes ago, CutieFX said:

yes i also had the same wifi stick and it wasnt bad and didnt break.

but if you have the knowledge than you could change the wifi card :)

2 minutes ago, Fatlooser123 said:

Yes, I would suggest a wifi stick for around 30 to 50 $

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

I'd say you're quite unlucky here.

Aside from that, if it's the card connector for the antenna that's broken and not the antenna cable itself, it's pretty simple to replace.  Just get the same type of card or a card with the same specs (based on format, number of antennae, etc.) swap the card in and connect the leads to the card.

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll first check for the model number and search for it, I'm not new to opening and replacing stuff in PC, so shouldn't be a problem

One last question, suppose I'm unable to find that exact model but I buy a card for another Dell Inspiron laptop, I can just download drivers for that and it should work right?

9 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Will do that when my dad gets it back, 

Sorry I forgot to mention, my dad also travels with this Laptop so he needs Wi-Fi

What's your take on internal vs USB adapter? Should I try a different one or was I just unlucky? (Read other reply) 

He can use a cheap WiFi adapter off eBay for around $5, but they top out at 150mbps so, it's your choice.

But I recommend, find the model number of the chip, Google it and buy it. Use a repair guide from iFixit, which you can find here, and replace it. Simple to follow along and gives you some DIY knowledge.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Dell+Inspiron+15-7537+Wireless+Card+Replacement/36564

hi.