Dominos is paving US roads to save pizzas!

Wh0_Am_1

Hey guys, I stumbled onto this article on Popular Mechanics, and I thought that you guys may agree that this indeed demonstrates a sorry state of affairs for DOT.

America’s infrastructure is in a sorry state. Bridges are crumbling, airports and seaports are falling into disrepair, and our roads are covered in potholes. This sucks for everyone, but especially Domino’s, which is so tired of potholes ruining its pizzas that it has taken to fixing them itself.

I mean seriously if Domino's needs to pay for pothole to be fixed that means you have some issues.  Here is another article on the subject from ABC.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

US's priorities amazes me. Rich country, awful infrastructure, awful healthcare, mediocre education. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

1 minute ago, IAnthonyFX said:

US's priorities amazes me. Rich country, awful infrastructure, awful healthcare, mediocre education. 

Well.... The US is a nation that traditionally has prioritized commercial success over governmental dependency because it believes that when one's back is against the wall and in a state of crisis that in that specific moment one will work hard and innovate well, as well as protect the cherished freedoms of the populace, and it shows, that commercial success has made it the wealthiest nation in the world and arguably the most successful, it's just that the populace has lately started to go the route of relying on the government, because of that funding has been diverted to welfare programs which now make up nearly 2/3rds of their federal budget, most of the rest is spent on the military (in fact their highway system was built so that their military could mobilize quickly against a land attack from the USSR, the population of the US is also quite spread out in comparison to other nations, there many more far flung mid size cities, which also makes that infrastructure all that more expensive to maintain, and I could go on, but I got other things to do in life than explain the philosophies of such a peculiar nation, also that is besides the point which is that the system is seriously broken. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

7 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Well.... The US is a nation that traditionally has prioritized commercial success over governmental dependency because it believes that when one's back is against the wall and in a state of crisis that in that specific moment one will work hard and innovate well, as well as protect the cherished freedoms of the populace, and it shows, that commercial success has made it the wealthiest nation in the world and arguably the most successful, it's just that the populace has lately started to go the route of relying on the government, because of that funding has been diverted to welfare programs which now make up nearly 2/3rds of their federal budget, most of the rest is spent on the military (in fact their highway system was built so that their military could mobilize quickly against a land attack from the USSR, the population of the US is also quite spread out in comparison to other nations, there many more far flung mid size cities, which also makes that infrastructure all that more expensive to maintain, and I could go on, but I got other things to do in life than explain the philosophies of such a peculiar nation, also that is besides the point which is that the system is seriously broken. 

the issue is that commercial success, and wealth does not immediately equates to a good country. I am an international kid studying in the US, and it was my first time hearing about people going bankrupt with medical bills, I have my jaw open when I see how much my university cost, the fact that I pay taxes over my scholarship yet Amazon pays no shit. I wont even talk about this was also the first time when I hear that lobbyists are normalized here, while outrageous in other places. for fuck's sake there is even this shit: http://www.ncsl.org/research/ethics/50-state-chart-lobbyist-registration-requirements.aspx 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

-= Locked =-

Political discussion is not allowed.

This forum is not a place to crap on any country especially when the premise is not accurate.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER