SSD not working properly

Hello, 

I am trying to get this SSD up and running but nothing is going according to plan. The SSD shows up and all of that and i tried to install a steam game onto it. After many "Disk Write" errors the games finally installed. However, not a single game will launch from the SSD now. I have no idea what is going on and would greatly appreciate help. I've looked online for answers and am coming up dry. 

Thank you, 

-Jason

2 minutes ago, MiNy said:

What brand of SSD is it and what games are you trying to run off it?

It is a Samsung 850 EVO and im just trying to run anything off of it now. 

Edited by WhyYouBullyMe

The games act like they are opening up but they are not, they just sit in a limbo unitll i force close them. 

I also have a Samsung 850 and I can run Steam games such as CSGO and Rocket League perfectly fine. Is it maybe that your Steam files are corrupted?

You can check that your game files are intact by right-clicking the game you're having problems with; local files; and 'verify integrity of game files'

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, MiNy said:

I also have a Samsung 850 and I can run Steam games such as CSGO and Rocket League perfectly fine. Is it maybe that your Steam files are corrupted?

You can check that your game files are intact by right-clicking the game you're having problems with; local files; and 'verify integrity of game files'

They are fresh installs of the games, a problem I get is a disk writing error when downloading and i have to restart the download. Maybe the set up of my SSD is the problem but i cant figure it out for the life of me. 

17 minutes ago, WhyYouBullyMe said:

They are fresh installs of the games, a problem I get is a disk writing error when downloading and i have to restart the download. Maybe the set up of my SSD is the problem but i cant figure it out for the life of me. 

Do you have samsung magician? it is something that is just really simple to use really, tells you how many bytes in total, that has been written to the drive, how much space is left on it, trim status, and drive condition, kind of useful. if t here was something really wrong with the drive it would tell you. Just a thought though. 

11 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Do you have samsung magician? it is something that is just really simple to use really, tells you how many bytes in total, that has been written to the drive, how much space is left on it, trim status, and drive condition, kind of useful. if t here was something really wrong with the drive it would tell you. Just a thought though. 

So, i cannot perform a benchmark test on it because it fails. But the app says that the condition and everything is fine. Drive contition Good, Versionm EMT03B6Q, 0.1 TB written, AHCI activated, SATA 6.0Gb/s interface, Enabled TRIM status, 233GB capacity 214 Gb free, what else do you need to know? 

11 minutes ago, WhyYouBullyMe said:

So, i cannot perform a benchmark test on it because it fails. But the app says that the condition and everything is fine. Drive contition Good, Versionm EMT03B6Q, 0.1 TB written, AHCI activated, SATA 6.0Gb/s interface, Enabled TRIM status, 233GB capacity 214 Gb free, what else do you need to know? 

Actually didn't realize it had a benchmark feature on it. And  thought i twas a worth a shot to see if there was something actually wrong with the drive or not, have you tried a different  sata port or cable, is this a fresh install of windows at all?

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

Actually didn't realize it had a benchmark feature on it. And  thought i twas a worth a shot to see if there was something actually wrong with the drive or not, have you tried a different  sata port or cable, is this a fresh install of windows at all?

I am not booting off of the SSD, Im just trying to run games off of it and programs that i use but so far i cannot do that.