9" Nook Broken :(

Go to solution Solved by JmzT,
51 minutes ago, GiantEvilPig said:

Sometimes under the NOOK startup there is a blue loading bar, and every time before it completes, the Nook restarts. Two times it actually started up! but it was reverted to factory settings each time. 

That almost sounds like a NAND issue.  So I don't think a battery would do anything.  Even used those are still quite cheap so either replace with a used one or just get a regular tablet.

I have a Nook HD+ and I already know that the battery is old, it does not hold a charge. But recently when ever I go to plug it in the NOOK on a block screen comes up and dims as usual. But after a few seconds the LED light by the charger flickers and the Nook restarts. Sometimes under the NOOK startup there is a blue loading bar, and every time before it completes, the Nook restarts. Two times it actually started up! but it was reverted to factory settings each time. Would a new battery possibly fix this? I have been thinking about getting one.

People still use Nooks? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

25 minutes ago, GiantEvilPig said:

Would a new battery possibly fix this?

Possibly. It also might possibly not. The only way to tell would be to have a professional look at the circuitry causing the reboot. Since the device is from 2013, I highly doubt it's worth spending the ~$30-60 / hour that a decent electronics repair shop would charge just to diagnose the issue. Although I hate to admit it, tablets are designed to be throwaway devices, so it'd just be better to replace the device with something new.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

51 minutes ago, GiantEvilPig said:

Sometimes under the NOOK startup there is a blue loading bar, and every time before it completes, the Nook restarts. Two times it actually started up! but it was reverted to factory settings each time. 

That almost sounds like a NAND issue.  So I don't think a battery would do anything.  Even used those are still quite cheap so either replace with a used one or just get a regular tablet.

15 hours ago, JmzT said:

Well I think if it is most likely a NAND issue, I think it would be better to just get a used one seeing how a trustworthy battery would be ~$50 and a used nook is only ~$100. Thanks for the help!