help with samba permissions on unraid

so i made a new user george

5b216178efb0e_.PNG.4481eac94b5afdd9a7377a34351e7ef1.PNG then i went i enabled samba. after that, i changed the samba permissions on my share so that user George has read and write access 

Capture.thumb.PNG.28b64d2be963a46c5da3e81757f60616.PNG

but when i try to log in from windows

Capture.PNG.085feb4f1c918d7d145d8fe8ade35a38.PNG

i get

5b21628eb5717_.PNG.fe1c172c92820cf65ec6ad058396c8b5.PNG

btw i am sure the password is correct. i changed it aswell again just to be sure and i still get this error

what am i doing wrong?

@Electronics Wizardy

Never really used unraid, but try switching it from "private" to something else (public?) just to get access to it. Hopefully it will enable guest access and allow you to navigate to it. Leave George with r/w access.

Navigate to your share, right click it > properties > security. Review the security tab, and confirm "George" has rights.

A semi-common practice in the windows world, is leave the share public, and create subfolders within that public share - and set the permissions on those folders. Only difference is this is done "normally" within a windows domain, so instead of "everyone" having access only "Authenticated users" have access - which means not everyone is an "administrator" and thus could just take ownership. If you think the people in your house would never figure out how to take ownership of a folder, I'd leave it public and secure sub-folders.

Also, what are settings for the Samba service? Are you able to define a workgroup or any other settings?