dvd drive not detected in bios

Go to solution Solved by Jun Wei Goh,
On 6/14/2018 at 4:52 AM, Ic3d said:

Do you have a different pc you could try it in? If so put it in there and see if the drive itself is faulty, alternately it could just be a driver issue? Sorry for the basic ideas just saw that nobody had tried to help so i'm just suggesting the first things that come to mind.

thx man forgotten to update is my dvd drive itself that is faulty  

hi guys i having this weird issue where my DVD drive will just randomly not detected by bios.Yesterday is was working fine but after i just unplug the fan 4 pin plug to clean my fan it not detected.
I tried update bios version,using cmos to reset, changing my sata cable with other device i have. Weirdly enough when i decided to plug back the sata cable that i though it failed works again.Then just yesterday it cant be detected again.
So is it the sata port itself or the cable i really dont know how to answer that. I tried connect to my other sata port same issue i doubt both of my sata port will fail at the same time right ? 

my dvd works fine can open close normally just cannot be detected on my computer
Anyone who know can tell me which is the root cause ? 
i was hoping is not the traces in the motherboard that crack causing this issue thx
i also notice when i plug the suspended cable my computer will hang at the post screen for about 10 sec or so then it boot to window .When i remove it , it will boot normally (about 3 sec)

Do you have a different pc you could try it in? If so put it in there and see if the drive itself is faulty, alternately it could just be a driver issue? Sorry for the basic ideas just saw that nobody had tried to help so i'm just suggesting the first things that come to mind.

Have a nice day:)

PC:    CPU: Core i7 4790k   I   GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor   I   COOLING: Custom water loop (cpu and gpu)  I  RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500Gb   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB, Hitatchi 2TB, Generic 1TB   I   PSU: EVGA 500w

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 4:52 AM, Ic3d said:

thx man forgotten to update is my dvd drive itself that is faulty