Future Rig Suggestions

Hello everyone, first of all. Good day and I hope you guys are having a great day! Haha. I would appreciate any suggestions for changing in this rig, I would mainly use it for gaming, maybe a little bit of content creation (maybe? lol), mainly gaming though. I am open to any suggestions or any changes, just please let's try to keep it on the same price point. Thanks!

Here are my chosen specs:

CPU: Intel i5-8600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO
MoBo: ASUS Strix Z370 E
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V 2x4GB 3200Mhz (2x)              Note: Gonna buy two sets so I can occupy all ram slots
GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Ti 
PSU: Seasonic M12II 850W
SSD: Adata XPG 128GB M.2 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm
Case Fans: Deepcool RF120 (9x)
Case: Undecided (Eyeing over the soon to be released Matrexx 75 from Deepcool)

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks once again and have a good day!

"It doesn't matter how expensive or how high end your system is, what matters is that you are having fun using it to play the games you love."

no point occupying all the slots when lga 1151 doesn't support quad channel, you're just making it harder for yourself when you upgrade in the future. get a 2x8gb kit instead. i'd get a cheaper cooler and board for an 8700k. do you really need 9 fans?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

no point occupying all the slots when lga 1151 doesn't support quad channel, you're just making it harder for yourself when you upgrade in the future. get a 2x8gb kit instead. i'd get a cheaper cooler and board for an 8700k. do you really need 9 fans?

Noted about the RAM, yeah it is much cheaper. About the cooler and the board, I was gonna try overclocking the 8600k to at least 4.8Ghz, higher if possible, what board and cooler would you suggest?

On the fans, yes, I live in the Philippines and it is gets quite hot in my place, so I guess I need to continue that plan

"It doesn't matter how expensive or how high end your system is, what matters is that you are having fun using it to play the games you love."

It looks great! personally, I would go with the ryzen 2600 and an x470 mobo. Also maybe invest in a fan controller. One last thing maybe only get a 2tb hard drive and get at least 250gb SSD. Have fun building!

1 minute ago, CXV.Great Gaming said:

It looks great! personally, I would go with the ryzen 2600 and an x470 mobo. Also maybe invest in a fan controller. One last thing maybe only get a 2tb hard drive and get at least 250gb SSD. Have fun building

I am still at the state of trying to find out whether to go to Blue team or Red team hahaha.

Maybe I'll slip the controller in if I can get a little bit more money haha

Is 2TB really enough, the case I am looking at right now only has 2 HDD cages, idk if that'd be enough for all the games and the content I would probably be creating haha.

Thanks for replying btw! Cheers mate!

Yes, 2tb is enough unless you are planning to videos and stuff and store it. An unless your steam library is like 1000+ game you should be fine.

If your main focus is gaming, i would still go for the 8600k/8700k as it will get you the best per core performance and will be better utilized for such. However, even if its not a full time thing, if your planning on doing content creation that can utilize more cores/threads, the 2700x would be a fantastic option. I mean, comparatively the intel will get you more FPS in games but the ryzen isnt like some dog that cant handle it, it will do very very well and can push you further in the content creation space. I personally like that same motherboard, but if you wanted to save a buck to upgrade your cpu to the 8700k, there is definately other options out there that will allow you to overclock both the 8600k/8700k to at least 4.8 (of course depending on if the CPU itself you get has that capability).

if you cant quite swing the 8700k, then the 2700x which should be right in between 8600k/8700k in terms of price, could be a good choice and gain hyper threading over the 6c/6t 8600k.

Also, 2tb of space is quite a lot. Unless you have like 50 triple AAA titles your wanting to download at 50-100gb each, it should take a while to fill up, and as it fills up you can toss out unwanted games as you go along. Also as it fill up you can toss in another 2tb if you need the extra storage later on.

48 minutes ago, CXV.Great Gaming said:

Yes, 2tb is enough unless you are planning to videos and stuff and store it. An unless your steam library is like 1000+ game you should be fine.

Ok thanks!

48 minutes ago, Trulop said:

If your main focus is gaming, i would still go for the 8600k/8700k as it will get you the best per core performance and will be better utilized for such. However, even if its not a full time thing, if your planning on doing content creation that can utilize more cores/threads, the 2700x would be a fantastic option. I mean, comparatively the intel will get you more FPS in games but the ryzen isnt like some dog that cant handle it, it will do very very well and can push you further in the content creation space. I personally like that same motherboard, but if you wanted to save a buck to upgrade your cpu to the 8700k, there is definately other options out there that will allow you to overclock both the 8600k/8700k to at least 4.8 (of course depending on if the CPU itself you get has that capability).

if you cant quite swing the 8700k, then the 2700x which should be right in between 8600k/8700k in terms of price, could be a good choice and gain hyper threading over the 6c/6t 8600k.

Also, 2tb of space is quite a lot. Unless you have like 50 triple AAA titles your wanting to download at 50-100gb each, it should take a while to fill up, and as it fills up you can toss out unwanted games as you go along. Also as it fill up you can toss in another 2tb if you need the extra storage later on.

If I would go for the 2700X instead, what would be the best motherboard for it? Would the ASUS Strix X370-F be good enough? 

ya that should do just fine, i personally like the gaming F as well and its not a bad option. Theres a bunch of others out there as well so i would do some comparisons in that price range and find out what would be the best for a more stable overclock (if thats what your wanting to do) and the best RAM compatibility. For ram just make sure to go with something around the 3000-3200MHz range for AMD as it will benefit much more from higher RAM speeds than an intel build would.