Do I need a case with top panel fan option when using a bottom to top CPU cooler?

The Third Thomas

So currently I have the Sharkoon T28 as my case. It's a solid block of aluminum, and the top panel is aluminum as well.

I have a Ryzen 1600x, cooled by a Cooler Master hyper t4, but this cooler can only be mounted one way on the am4 socket (bottom to top).

My "idle" temperatures (10% load) are jumping between 40 and 50 Celcius, and feel like that's a little high. I have a feeling the aluminum on the top of the case is gathering heat, especially during the summer.

Now I've been looking to get a new case for a while now, and I was wondering whether a case with top panel cooling options would help me cool my case better than a solid aluminum top, because I can suck out the hot air from my CPU cooler instantly.

Also, I didn't know whether to post this in "Air Cooling" or "Cases and Power Supplies", but I went with cases, sincit's ultimately a case question.

Ouch, that looks like a killer. :(

82341_2017-06-17_08.01.48.resized.jpg

Reminds me of when I purchased the only cooler on the entire website to come without a universal fitting bracket... and had to buy a second cooler (gave the original to a friend) :P

A top vent/fan on the case could help airflow. It's gonna be a bit of a problem anyway, either way. :(

PS, the thread with that picture on hardforum.com also mentions Coolermaster made a nice new magic adapter! :D

So ask them if they can send one!

7 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Ouch, that looks like a killer. :(

A top vent/fan on the case could help airflow. It's gonna be a bit of a problem anyway, either way. :(

A killer as in? A killed CPU? Now I'm scared xD

34841698_1600018060110496_35906763468937

Luckily I have a little more space between my fan and my GPU than in your pic, so it gets a little more air, but it's not a lot.

Do you know how much of a difference it might make?