New build how should I set my fans up

DerHof

I have a Thermaltake View 71.

X399 with TR1950x and want to vertically mount an EVGA 1080ti SC2 which has 2 fans.

There are 2 fans in front and one in the back. All 140mm

I have the TT Riing 360 CPU cooler... so 3 120mm fans and radiator that I was going to mount on top.

Wasn't sure the best way to have all of these blowing??

I assume the stock fans in front and pulling in and and the one in back is blowing out.... what should I do with the radiator fans?

Pull the rad fans into the case, same with the stock fans at the front of the case and I'd recommend at least 1 exhaust, 2 if possible.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Best airflow setup I have done so far is 2 fans on bottom of the front of case sucking air in, a fan at the top of the rear of the case blowing out, and the radiator mounted inside at the top of the case with the fans blowing air through the rad exhausting out the top. That way you have cool air getting pulled in from the bottom in front and exhausting out the top/ back top. That steady airflow works great for me, only difference i have is my GTX 1080 is horizontally mounted w/ 3 fans and am using a Cooler Master HAF 912 case. But hope this helps you out.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Yep, best setup is 2 fan bottom in and 2 fan out at the top. However, we all know most case designs don't have that in mind so good luck.

A couple varying opinions here so far...

The guys saying put two fans on the bottom pulling in in two on the top blowing out... In this situation are you suggesting I don't have the front/back fans at all? I'll have three on the top though because of the Riing 360.

My case is setup for this situation.

My case can support to 120 mm on the bottom. 3 120 or two 140 in the front. A 120 or 140 in the back. Three 120 or 140 on the top.

1 hour ago, hconverse02 said:

Pull the rad fans into the case, same with the stock fans at the front of the case and I'd recommend at least 1 exhaust, 2 if possible.

So you were saying five fans pulling in and only one blowing out? I can only fit one fan in the back...

42 minutes ago, DerHof said:

So you were saying five fans pulling in and only one blowing out? I can only fit one fan in the back...

No.  Pull from the front, push out the bottom and push out the back.  

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

12 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

No.  Pull from the front, push out the bottom and push out the back.  

Ok, but what about my radiator on top with the 3x120mm... that's the thing I'm the least sure about?

6 minutes ago, DerHof said:

Ok, but what about my radiator on top with the 3x120mm... that's the thing I'm the least sure about?

from top of your case down, have: case, radiator, fans. And have the fans sucking air from inside the case, blowing through the radiator and out the top of your case. That way it cools your radiator and is exhausting the air. Also have the rear fans blow out of the case to help with exhaust, all the rest pull in air.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x