Composite out

Julian5

Im currently setting up a 737 simulator and a lot of the screens for it need composite to hook up to the pc, I have a GTX1060 so obviously no composite, I cant really buy a proper adapter but i have a raspberry pi and an arduino on hand, any help I also have a GT620 lying around but it only has VGA and the signal I believe is different.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

5 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

I cant really buy a proper adapter

you need an adapter of some form. 

Standard vga doesn't carry any composite signal within it. and of course digital signals also do not carry it.

the only time a vga port carries a composite signal is when it specifically was implemented usually in the form of a laptop vga output from back in the day. some gpu support composite out through the vga port and some don't

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

you need an adapter of some form. 

Standard vga doesn't carry any composite signal within it. and of course digital signals also do not carry it.

the only time a vga port carries a composite signal it when it specifically was implimented usually in the form of a laptop vga output from back in the day. 

Yeah the old ATI cards and such, so no way to solder some janky cable on the mobo and get Composite? rip

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

I think i'll try streaming to the raspberry pi which has Composite out, just until the adapter arrives.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

so no way to solder some janky cable on the mobo and get Composite?

no , composite is basically all the color and chroma put together , when vga although is analog all the color and chroma are separate. 

A vga to composite adapter is.... pretty dang cheap. if you want to simulate a 737 you might have to find a way to get some at least a few dollars to do it as going the "free only" route won't get you too far.

12 hours ago, emosun said:

no , composite is basically all the color and chroma put together , when vga although is analog all the color and chroma are separate. 

A vga to composite adapter is.... pretty dang cheap. if you want to simulate a 737 you might have to find a way to get some at least a few dollars to do it as going the "free only" route won't get you too far.

Yeah I guess 20€ isn't much when I have spent nearly a  thousand on sim parts

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler