Gaming CPU Needed

I built a 8700 machine for my friend with a 1060 and i thought for a second that the stock cooler will work just fine and then i started reading comments like that and we ordered a H7 and it still runs at like 60C during gaming which is fine but man haha coming from Ryzen it seems hot odd to have Intel be the hot one now a days

3 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

hmm I usually just follow 80+ bronze but I see your also using a cosair cx series

PSU Corsair CX750M

do as i say, not as i do. Mine was also only £35 :P 

So long as its a grey label, the CX and CXm power supplies are fine, but please, stop following bronze ratings lol, that has no impact on how "good" a psu really is.

This would be a better choice and is actually cheaper, too.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/B6XnTW/cooler-master-masterwatt-550w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-mpx-5501-amaab-us

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Wp8h3b

I feel something like this would be more suitable

Ram was switched to a same speed lower cas model

The RAM price is incorrect in PCPP. £10 more than what PCPP says. 

The GPU price is incorrect. PCPP is quite broken with Amazon prices, remember to check that. 

The green CX is ancient and quite crap. Why would you want to change the PSU to something that's ancient, louder, group regulated overall crappier, and has a shorter warranty?

:)

2 minutes ago, vikiplayz said:

went for an 8600 and a cooler master light for psu

Why would you do that? The Masterwatt Lite is among the crappiest PSUs you can get, and the 8400 won't perform significantly better than the 8400 in games. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Why would you do that? The Masterwatt Lite is among the crappiest PSUs you can get, and the 8400 won't perform significantly better than the 8400 in games. 

faster clock speed and thought cooler master was good? Never heard otherwise

2 minutes ago, vikiplayz said:

faster clock speed and thought cooler master was good?

Go for the masterwatt non lite version
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-cooler-master-masterwatt-550-hybrid-modular-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-458a-120mm-fan-atx-psu?gclid=CjwKCAjwo87YBRBgEiwAI1LkqcyLok0vTz5jLCo8XXENhaJGkUpVbKr3HeSIw8nVyu_YbNeXj3IJ1xoCHiMQAvD_BwE

Coolermaster are good, generally, but almost every company makes good as well as crappy PSU's.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, vikiplayz said:

faster clock speed and thought cooler master was good? Never heard otherwise

The performance difference won't be huge, he'll generally be limited by the GPU anyway. If the price difference is £35, much more than the performance he'll gain. 

Every company is equally capable of selling crap. Cooler Master has decent PSUs and crappy PSUs. And the Masterwatt Lite is among the crappy ones. You can't judge on a brand by brand basis. Often not on on a series by series basis either. You have to check with the PSU. 

Just now, seon123 said:

The performance difference won't be huge, he'll generally be limited by the GPU anyway. If the price difference is £35, much more than the performance he'll gain. 

Every company is equally capable of selling crap. Cooler Master has decent PSUs and crappy PSUs. And the Masterwatt Lite is among the crappy ones. You can't judge on a brand by brand basis. Often not on on a series by series basis either. You have to check with the PSU. 

thanks good to know

If i could do a law suite with Intel about how crappy their stock coolers are i would but i simply lack the funds B|

Maybe we can do a kick starter for Intel to actually provide coolers that can properly cool off their CPU's 

I remember i had a 4790K on the stock cooler was probably the dumbest thing i ever did was like at 75-80C when just playing GTA5. Dare i try to encode a movie and that thing dropped its frequency and hit thermal limits.

Just now, SMBGUY said:

If i could do a law suite with Intel about how crappy their stock coolers are i would but i simply lack the funds B|

Maybe we can do a kick starter for Intel to actually provide coolers that can properly cool off their CPU's 

I remember i had a 4790K on the stock cooler was probably the dumbest thing i ever did was like at 75-80C when just playing GTA5. Dare i try to encode a movie and that thing dropped its frequency and hit thermal limits.

I still run a 4690K with stock cooler xD

1 minute ago, vikiplayz said:

I still run a 4690K with stock cooler xD

Well that's not as hot since its just 4 cores and 4 threads the 4460 also worked just fine on the stock cooler but these higher clocked Intel ones even more so the higher core ones simply run way to darn hot