MacBook Pro mid-2012 screen issue.

Hi,

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro MD101HN/A which has a strange screen issue.

There are bands of discoloration and the image is scrambled , and there is static noise too.

They appear for short to long lengths of time, either on the middle section of my screen, or on the extreme right.

Originally, I thought that it was a display connector issue, but the apple service associate shot that theory down and said that it was either an iGPU issue, or a display issue.

I have added images and a video below, please check them out and let me know if there is a cheap solution, because the service guy said that it would cost me 820$ to change the motherboard and 746$ to fix the screen...

I also have noticed some other discrepancies...

1: I think that it can NOT be a display issue because it comes and goes and if it was a problem with the LCD panel itself it would NEVER go away.

2: It might still be a loose connector even though the service guy shot it down.

3: It might be caused due to shorting of two pins...

Sometimes I get a bit of an electric shock when I touch the  bottom edge below the trackpad and I think that there is a possibility of the anodization having come off inside the machine, exposing the aluminium inside which is electrically conductive. If two pins on the motherboard touch this aluminium, it could trigger an arcing event and cause the problem. This could be a long shot, but it is a possibility.

4: https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/ lists video issues on the mid 2012 MacBook Pro 15 inch, the big brother of my MacBook, released on the same date. It seems to be a known issue...

5: The apple service guy said that in 5% of the cases, it's a software issue, in 20% of cases , it's a display issue, and in 75% cases, it is a motherboard issue. The thing is, How did he know these figures, and if he knows these figures, IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!! And STUPID APPLE KNOWS ABOUT IT, AND THEY ARE CHARGING ME 80% OF THE PRICE I PAID FOR THE LAPTOP TO FIX IT!!!

I AM LIVID WITH APPLE, AND I COULD STRANGULATE THAT SHAMELESS TIM COOK AND THE REST OF HIS EMPLOYEES WITH MY BARE HANDS.

REGARDS,

YURI

VID_20180516_092056.mp4

20180530_094647_HDR_resized.jpg

what is your question? the apple said what may cause it, check it step by step, I think it is a connector thing or dipslay cable in the case itself :)

4 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

what is your question? the apple said what may cause it, check it step by step, I think it is a connector thing or dipslay cable in the case itself :)

Well yeah, I'm asking if there is a cheaper fix.

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2018 at 3:17 PM, wojtepanik said:

try replacing the cable, cheapest thing and might help

You know that the display cable is not replaceable, right? If it is faulty, I'll have to replace the whole display!

1 hour ago, YNdaBomb said:

You know that the display cable is not replaceable, right? If it is faulty, I'll have to replace the whole display!

It is replaceable but just not friendly