SSD windows migration issues.

jarthur36
Hey. I recently got a 128GB ssd for christmas and ofcourse was anxious to set up windows on it. My old windows install on my 1TB harddrive was pretty damn slow but had all of my programs, drivers, shortcuts and settings on it. I burned a new ISO to disk and after remounting all my hardware in my new case, installed in on the SSD. It boots really fast but now my problem is that it IS a fresh install of windows. It now appears I have to reinstall all my drivers and since I want to keep my programs on my HDD and use the SSD for OS ONLY, it appears that I am going to have to indivdually make shortcuts for all of my programs on the new start menu. I can rejig the library settings so that it includes only the my documents and stuff from the old HDD but it is still going to all be complex linking.
What i want to know is if there is any easy way to migrate all of my old files, settings and programs into this new windows environment without storing them all on my SSD and without complicated tree navigation every time I want to save a file or something.
IF not do you have any tips on how the whole process can be made as painless as posssible.
Any help is much appreciated in advance,
Thank you.

Hey. I recently got a 128GB ssd for Christmas and of course was anxious to set up windows on it. My old windows install on my 1TB harddrive was pretty damn slow but had all of my programs, drivers, shortcuts and settings on it. I burned a new ISO to disk and after remounting all my hardware in my new case, installed in on the SSD. It boots really fast but now my problem is that it IS a fresh install of windows. It now appears I have to reinstall all my drivers and since I want to keep my programs on my HDD and use the SSD for OS ONLY, it appears that I am going to have to individually make shortcuts for all of my programs on the new start menu. I can rejig the library settings so that it includes only the my documents and stuff from the old HDD but it is still going to all be complex linking.
What i want to know is if there is any easy way to migrate all of my old files, settings and programs into this new windows environment without storing them all on my SSD and without complicated tree navigation every time I want to save a file or something.
IF not do you have any tips on how the whole process can be made as painless as possible.

Any help is much appreciated in advance,

Thank you.

I don't think there is a way.

As for your programs, you will have to either make shortcuts to them or re install them onto your HDD. As for your old files you could make a shortcut to the folder and place it under favorites in file explorer. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I don't think there is a way.

As for your programs, you will have to either make shortcuts to them or re install them onto your HDD. As for your old files you could make a shortcut to the folder and place it under favorites in file explorer. 

alright. I think i can spare enough space for all of my personal files. Making new shortcuts will actually give me an opportunity to sift through all of the programs I don't need/use and remove them