Setting Local DNS Server

Ena
Go to solution Solved by Wh0_Am_1,
25 minutes ago, JoaoDforce said:

Hello there so I have A TP-Link Archer C59 router, and it has a USB port that I have used to put a hard drive on.

I want to make a 'Personal Cloud' per se. I have a DDNS on it and it works great outside my network by on the inside I need to use the internal network IP.

My plan was to make a local DNS server on the router, since I don't want to focus a whole computer just for this task because of the energy coast involved on it.

I tried SSH into it but it to build a DNS server myself, but it doesn't allot me, the further I got was trying to log in with my Web credentials but it says:

PTY allocation request failed on channel 0

shell request failed on channel 0

I tried putting commands right after the ssh and I got:

exec request failed on channel 0

If somebody has any idea how I can achieve my goal I would be glad to hear or try it :)

I don't know if this will help but you can make an old android phone into a DNS server.

Hello there so I have A TP-Link Archer C59 router, and it has a USB port that I have used to put a hard drive on.

I want to make a 'Personal Cloud' per se. I have a DDNS on it and it works great outside my network by on the inside I need to use the internal network IP.

My plan was to make a local DNS server on the router, since I don't want to focus a whole computer just for this task because of the energy coast involved on it.

I tried SSH into it but it to build a DNS server myself, but it doesn't allot me, the further I got was trying to log in with my Web credentials but it says:

If somebody has any idea how I can achieve my goal I would be glad to hear or try it :)

25 minutes ago, JoaoDforce said:

I don't know if this will help but you can make an old android phone into a DNS server.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Thats actually a very good idea, I'll search for an old android phone to do it, I really wanted to screw around with my router tho hahaha

OK here is the app for that.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

OK here is the app for that.

Pretty sure I know how to do it, I just never thought about it you know? thanks for the tip :)

Just now, JoaoDforce said:

Pretty sure I know how to do it, I just never thought about it you know? thanks for the tip :)

Your welcome! Happy to help! :)