How to make a strong wifi network with only one connection

How do you make a very strong wifi network that uses only one connection so say like when I connect to it I do not have 3 different bands to choose from instead I only have one strong one to connect to.  Btw I am no professional in networking and this is also because I am sick of having to do trial and error and try and find the best band for each device why can't it be simple and there be one!

What router do you have now?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What router do you have now?

I have an Asus RT-AC5300 and it has a smart connect feature but it always drops out from my devices

30 minutes ago, BioFlash said:

How do you make a very strong wifi network that uses only one connection so say like when I connect to it I do not have 3 different bands to choose from instead I only have one strong one to connect to.  Btw I am no professional in networking and this is also because I am sick of having to do trial and error and try and find the best band for each device why can't it be simple and there be one!

Most routers use a auto configuration for the right channel. And there are only 2 band (the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) those band have different characteristics. but some more high end routers will allow you to have 1 SSID for both bands and have the client decide which one to use.
A quick google search seemed to indicate you are not the first one to ask this for the asus routers:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012132/

23 hours ago, Levisallanon said:

Most routers use a auto configuration for the right channel. And there are only 2 band (the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) those band have different characteristics. but some more high end routers will allow you to have 1 SSID for both bands and have the client decide which one to use.
A quick google search seemed to indicate you are not the first one to ask this for the asus routers:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012132/

I tried using this feature in my router my it is just plain terrible it will always drop out from devices and just does not seem stable in any situation I have tested it

12 minutes ago, BioFlash said:

I tried using this feature in my router my it is just plain terrible it will always drop out from devices and just does not seem stable in any situation I have tested it

Could it be you are testing it with devices that are not 5GHz compatible?
Else that's your only solution besides installed open-wrt on it and trying to get it working with that.

45 minutes ago, Levisallanon said:

Could it be you are testing it with devices that are not 5GHz compatible?
Else that's your only solution besides installed open-wrt on it and trying to get it working with that.

The devices I used to test were a google pixel 2 xl, multiple iPhone 7's, google home, playstrations, xbox's and any device that can use the wifi both 5ghz and 2.4ghz and it seemed to drop out

How does open-wrt work?