Do i even need a case?

Ok so i gotten my pc build which is msi gaming b350 mother boards, gtx 1060 3gb zotac mini, ryzen 3 1300x, kingston 120 gb ssd, 8 gb 1 stick of balistic sport ram, evga 500 watts white psu. I hit my budget of 830 sgd and cannot afford to get a case. I already got my moniter , mouse and keyvoard so i plan on building this pc without a case. Will it be viable as the case is not really need other then airflow and aesthetics. 

its more than just airflow and aesthetics.. it also provides quite a bit of protection from spills, dust etc... it does have a purpose beyond just looks. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You need a case. On that budget, consider buying a second hand core i3/i5 on ebay and overclocking it. As much as it pains me to say it, swap out the SSD for a HDD. 120gb really is not enough. GTX1060 is too high end for this budget imo. Instead maybe go for a GTX1050ti or RX460 if you can find one.Without a case you run the risk of shorting out your motherboard which would kill it.

I edit my posts a lot.

Oh i see but if i regular clean and control the dust and spills could i in theory survive without a case?

1 minute ago, Singaporebestbf1 said:

Oh i see but if i regular clean and control the dust and spills could i in theory survive without a case?

Yep also place the mobo om a non-conductive surface. Something like the box the mobo came in. 

I hope you have an HDD of sorts as that 120 GB wont hold more than a game, maybe two

2 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

You need a case. On that budget, consider buying a second hand core i3/i5 on ebay and overclocking it. As much as it pains me to say it, swap out the SSD for a HDD. 120gb really is not enough. GTX1060 is too high end for this budget imo. Instead maybe go for a GTX1050ti or RX460 if you can find one.Without a case you run the risk of shorting out your motherboard which would kill it.

I have an idea. What if i put an electric insulator under the mother board instead of a case protecting the mother board

And also i see ur predicament i will try to find a cheap used i5 to replace the ryzen and for the gpu it is used and i found it at a great price so i think il stick to it

2 minutes ago, Singaporebestbf1 said:

btw you need to tag or quote people for them to see your response.

In theory yes, but it's a bad idea. In theory you can drive a car's chassis on the motorway, but you shouldn't...

You can save money by switching to a HDD and lowering your tier of GPU.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, Singaporebestbf1 said:

I have an idea. What if i put an electric insulator under the mother board instead of a case protecting the mother board

And also i see ur predicament i will try to find a cheap used i5 to replace the ryzen and for the gpu it is used and i found it at a great price so i think il stick to it

You can easy get a cheap case on ebay or whatever, I strongly object to the idea of not using a case if you don't know what you're doing.

Also with your GPU: Beware scams where they try to sell you rocks in a box or whatever.

I edit my posts a lot.

2 minutes ago, Singaporebestbf1 said:

In theory yes. There is nothing that will prevent you from using your pc without a case. Techtubers have been using testbenches all the time. Take into consideration that you will have to turn it on either by shorting the motherboard every time or by using the onboard power switch (I don't know if your motherboard has one). 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones