Can't add fourth display as a tablet in any configuration.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition with an R9 380 graphics card and with three preexisting monitor solutions. I'm looking to add a Huion GT-221 Pro to my display setup for when I do graphical work. I have the ports for it on my graphics card and it can handle the load I put on it. The display, cable, and other such things work all fine independently. It is only when I try adding the display that I have this problem.The USB data is going through just fine as I can use my display as a regular tablet but I can't get it to recognize it as a monitor. By that I mean that Windows understands that this is a monitor but it does not allow me ti extend display or copy my main display over to the  monitor. This is a major issue for me. Any advice?

4 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition with an R9 380 graphics card and with three preexisting monitor solutions. I'm looking to add a Huion GT-221 Pro to my display setup for when I do graphical work. I have the ports for it on my graphics card and it can handle the load I put on it. The display, cable, and other such things work all fine independently. It is only when I try adding the display that I have this problem.The USB data is going through just fine as I can use my display as a regular tablet but I can't get it to recognize it as a monitor. By that I mean that Windows understands that this is a monitor but it does not allow me ti extend display or copy my main display over to the  monitor. This is a major issue for me. Any advice?

did you install the driver for it off their website?

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Just now, AntiTrust said:

did you install the driver for it off their website?

I knew I forgot to mention something about my setup. Yes, yes I did.

Ok and just to be certain, in the manual it says you need to plug in 3 things - the power adapter, HDMI cable and USB cable. Also did you go into the menu and select the proper signal source under the MISC tab?

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

2 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

Ok and just to be certain, in the manual it says you need to plug in 3 things - the power adapter, HDMI cable and USB cable. Also did you go into the menu and select the proper signal source under the MISC tab?

I plugged all of those in and I can't access the menu until the monitor is displayed correctly. In windows configuration, the monitor is marked as, "disabled" and when trying to turn it on and extend it or duplicate the main monitor (or any of the side monitors and no option exists to just turn it on but this is normal) I have to apply the change in settings on my computer. When I try doing so, I'm not allowed and an error message pops up about how the current settings can't be applied. Also, this isn't a problem with any other computer I've tried this on.

4 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Also, this isn't a problem with any other computer I've tried this on.

So you have gotten this tablet to work how you want on a different computer with no problems? 

5 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

I plugged all of those in and I can't access the menu until the monitor is displayed correctly.

ok the menu I was talking about is accessed by pressing the menu button on the tablet, then navigating to the misc tab and setting the input source (HDMI or VGA etc) Are you saying that you cannot access this menu ?

Capture.JPG

I can try doing this on a separate computer and then plugging it into my main one. The issue is that when I press the menu button without the display being enabled on windows, the menu won't show up. The display starts up and then goes black as a result of not receiving a signal and the reason it isn't receiving a signal is because of software. The hardware supports it, the software has some issue. The reason why I need this to work on my main computer is because it is the only one I have that can handle the high polygon count of my digital sculpting workflow.

3 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

So you have gotten this tablet to work how you want on a different computer with no problems? 

ok the menu I was talking about is accessed by pressing the menu button on the tablet, then navigating to the misc tab and setting the input source (HDMI or VGA etc) Are you saying that you cannot access this menu ?

Capture.JPG

Forgot to quote, look above.

3 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

The issue is that when I press the menu button without the display being enabled on windows, the menu won't show up. 

its weird to me that the menu wont show up because a computer monitor for example would let you access the monitors menu without a display signal coming in. 

6 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

I can try doing this on a separate computer and then plugging it into my main one. 

My question is has this drawing tablet ever worked before? If not it raises the chance it might be defective..

Also, I know its a lame suggestion, but I would try uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for this tablet while it is plugged in. 

10 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Forgot to quote, look above.

HEY I think I figured it out, your graphics card only supports a max of 3 displays at once. Try unplugging a monitor and see if it works then. 

Capture.JPG

28 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

HEY I think I figured it out, your graphics card only supports a max of 3 displays at once. Try unplugging a monitor and see if it works then. 

Capture.JPG

Ok, welp, It works but I don't like it. Guess I'm in the market for a second graphics card soon. We'll see how this goes.

10 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Ok, welp, It works but I don't like it. Guess I'm in the market for a second graphics card soon. We'll see how this goes.

definitely kind of bittersweet but Im glad that the tablet works! GL man 

33 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

definitely kind of bittersweet but Im glad that the tablet works! GL man 

Yup, but hey, you can get decent graphics cards used (non crypto used of course) for a decent price these days so I won't worry so much.