CSGO Crashing on startup

Hi, 
Just started having this problem this morning (I played last night with no issues).
Opened CSGO this morning and saw that my video settings/resolution had been reverted to normal (all set to high [usually low], 16:9 and native res [i usually play 4:3 and different res]). 
I was able to change my settings back to usual, but after this, the game crashed. 
Now the game crashes immediately after launching.
Last night i updated my windows (cumulative update) and nvidia drivers.

*No error messages / 'csgo has stopped working' windows have been appearing... the game just starts to launch and dies...*

I would appreciate some assistance in this matter

THINGS I'VE TRIED WITH NO RESULTS:
I reinstalled my nvidia drivers just now to no avail 
Cleared my launch options
Verified the integrity of games files
Deleted csgo.exe and reinstalled by Verifying the integrity of games files
Shutdown/restart
changed resolution back to 1440p (native) using " -w 2560 -h 1440" in launch options

CPU Intel i7 8700k; Motherboard AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0); RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz C15; GPU eVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX; Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB; Storage Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB; PSU Corsair RM650x; Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HUA 27" WQHD 144Hz G-sync; Cooling Corsair H100i; Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown); Mouse ZOWIE EC2-A (400dpi); Sound Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset; Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I was getting some weird video related crashes after the latest windows update. Reverting it seemed to help.

1 minute ago, TSL said:

I was getting some weird video related crashes after the latest windows update. Reverting it seemed to help.

Ok; to which update are you referring? the latest feature update, or a cumulative update like the one I installed last night?

CPU Intel i7 8700k; Motherboard AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0); RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz C15; GPU eVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX; Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB; Storage Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB; PSU Corsair RM650x; Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HUA 27" WQHD 144Hz G-sync; Cooling Corsair H100i; Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown); Mouse ZOWIE EC2-A (400dpi); Sound Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset; Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit

3 minutes ago, Frazman00 said:

Ok; to which update are you referring? the latest feature update, or a cumulative update like the one I installed last night?

The feature update

1 minute ago, TSL said:

The feature update

I Just reverted the cumulative update performed last night and it worked!

I wouldn't have thought that a windows update would affect such things, but either way, it's working now!

Thanks a lot!!!

12 minutes ago, Frazman00 said:

I Just reverted the cumulative update performed last night and it worked!

I wouldn't have thought that a windows update would affect such things, but either way, it's working now!

Thanks a lot!!!

Hold on, you play CS:GO in Oceania region? Is your alias "Frazba" or similar? Do you play Discord PUGS? Also, glad to help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 3:21 PM, TSL said:

Hold on, you play CS:GO in Oceania region? Is your alias "Frazba" or similar? Do you play Discord PUGS? Also, glad to help!

Hey, only just saw that, yeah 'Frazman00'! have i played with u before?

9 hours ago, Frazman00 said:

Hey, only just saw that, yeah 'Frazman00'! have i played with u before?

Possibly