Closed Back Headsets

Donutwithacape

Howdy,

I'm looking to purchase a closed-back gaming headset that shuts out surrounding noise so that I hear only what is in the game and online voice chat. There is a lot of ambient noise and talking in my home and I'd like to drown as much of that out as possible. But everywhere I look there is only headphones without microphones and I definitely want a headset with a microphone attached.

Does anyone have suggestions or reviews on particular ones? Specifically noise-cancelling, closed-back, over-the-ear headphones. I'd strongly prefer ones that surround my ears rather than lay on them.

24 minutes ago, Donutwithacape said:

Howdy,

I'm looking to purchase a closed-back gaming headset that shuts out surrounding noise so that I hear only what is in the game and online voice chat. There is a lot of ambient noise and talking in my home and I'd like to drown as much of that out as possible. But everywhere I look there is only headphones without microphones and I definitely want a headset with a microphone attached.

Does anyone have suggestions or reviews on particular ones? Specifically noise-cancelling, closed-back, over-the-ear headphones. I'd strongly prefer ones that surround my ears rather than lay on them.

How about these, they are professional grade studio monitor headphones, and therefore have excellent passive noise cancelling. Somehow when you have nothing on you can hear what everyone is saying, meanwhile when you get your music, or game on, they block out nearly everything. Now because of their passive noise cancelling people often turn them up too high therefore if you do get them, make sure to keep the volume a bit on the low side. Now, because of this previously mentioned issue/side effect, they have somewhat of a bad reputation on this forum. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

25 minutes ago, Donutwithacape said:

Howdy,

The wireless Corsair VOID do the job. There is even a sidetone slider on the software in order to hear yourself talking. They are not really expensive for what hey offer

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

How about these, they are professional grade studio monitor headphones, and therefore have excellent passive noise cancelling. Somehow when you have nothing on you can hear what everyone is saying, meanwhile when you get your music, or game on, they block out nearly everything. Now because of their passive noise cancelling people often turn them up too high therefore if you do get them, make sure to keep the volume a bit on the low side. Now, because of this previously mentioned issue/side effect, they have somewhat of a bad reputation on this forum. 

I was really hoping to get a headset rather than an external microphone with it. But, the price can't be beat so I'll have to look into it.

8 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

The wireless Corsair VOID do the job. There is even a sidetone slider on the software in order to hear yourself talking. They are not really expensive for what hey offer

Are they noise cancelling or closed-back? I game in a room with one other person and we're in discord with friends; I just don't want to hear them twice, you know? The half-second delay of hearing them physically and then hearing them in discord is really disorienting.

1 minute ago, Donutwithacape said:

I was really hoping to get a headset rather than an external microphone with it. But, the price can't be beat so I'll have to look into it.

Are they noise cancelling or closed-back? I game in a room with one other person and we're in discord with friends; I just don't want to hear them twice, you know? The half-second delay of hearing them physically and then hearing them in discord is really disorienting.

They do cancel noise. I possess the Bose QuietComfort 35 which are the gods of noise-cancelling so I know what to expect. I live in a college dorm and I think that the WIRELESS Corsair VOID headphones do a pretty good job considering the price. You can turn off the sidetone completely if it bothers you.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

1 minute ago, Donutwithacape said:

Now with this headset you may still hear them twice, but it will be far less noticeable, and there are some trade-offs for the price, as with all headsets that sell for less than $500 but, I don't think that you will notice them that much due to your use case. At the price they are pretty decent headphones. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

@Donutwithacape , if you answer @Max_Settings , in USD, it’ll help narrow down the options. Can you post a range? :dry:

On 5/24/2018 at 9:55 PM, Max_Settings said:

What's your budget?

On 5/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, PrometheanCat-1970 said:

@Donutwithacape , if you answer @Max_Settings , in USD, it’ll help narrow down the options. Can you post a range? :dry:

Sorry, haven't been on the forums for a few days.

Ideally, I'd like it to be less than $100.

15 minutes ago, Donutwithacape said:

Sorry, haven't been on the forums for a few days.

Ideally, I'd like it to be less than $100.

Status Audio CB-1 and Vmoda Boompro.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:16 AM, Max_Settings said:

Status Audio CB-1 and Vmoda Boompro.

@Donutwithacape ... I know that buying cans with a separate mic can get some users a bit edgy on the forum. I think modularity is a wise idea. According to a recent Floatplane Vlog, LMG might be working on a LTT episode about inexpensive microphones. I'd keep an eye on it. Just my 2 cents...