Smartwatch recommendations, ticwatch e?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 minute ago, blu4 said:

Turn off caps lock.

Watch lasts for at least a week. Colour e-paper display, simple notofications and canned responses.

Wasn't pebble bought by some company and then shut down?

Anyways the ticwatch S has almost all the features you want, but it may be missing the NFC feature.

Also all android wear 2.0 watches have the on-screen keyboard for replying, but the voice to text feature is much quicker and works wonders, atleast if you want to reply in english.

The wear OS watches also have google assistant, which is useful too. Also you could download a web browser to a watch and view pages on it, but why??

If i needed to buy a smartwatch at the moment i would absolutely buy the ticwatch S, because of how cheap it is compared to the other watches, but still has all the features. 

I've been looking at smartwatches for a while now but I am so undecided on what to get, so i would like to ask you guys for help please

I'm currently using an S7 Edge, with plans to change my phone in December and I have been looking at the ticwatch e/s.

I have some criteria and questions for/about smartwatchs;

-Features;

-Wear Os, Samsung watches look great and have amazing features (like the rotating bezel) but the tizen OS is limited in apps

-GPS

-Waterproof for swimming would be preferable

-Decent battery life, at least 1 full day of moderate use

-NFC 

Questions;

-Do all Wear Os watches have a physical keyboard to reply to messages?

-Can you view basic web pages on a smartwatch

I know Samsung are supposedly putting Wear Os on their S4 watch and I am curious to see what the rumoured pixel watch will be like, So I was maybe looking at the Ticwatch e/s to just dip my toes in the smartwatch area, but does anyone know if the ticwatch have a keyboard on screen for message replies? 

Any and all recommendations would be great regardless of price, even if some above features are excluded. Also I have ruled out a few already; Samsung watches, Fossil Q , Fitbit, Huawei Watch 2.

Thanks in advance :)

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

I suggest the pebble time.

DEVELOP MAN

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

I have tried a few different smart watches and it all depends what you need it for, 

if you purely want it for notifications and dont care about fitness tracking, then any wearos watch will. 

I actually have a fossil q doesnt have any fancy bells and whistles, but the turning dial on the side (like apple watch) is great. 

Samsungs gear s3 is a very nice watch, i almost bought that one but for what i needed and wanted it was too expensive.

All smart watches have there issues, i wouldnt even attempt to use it for any functional requirements like viewing websites or replying to messages (outside of the standard pre coded responses)

for your list of requirements, and the fact you have a samsung device (and plan on sticking with a samsung device, id strongly recommend one of the samsung gear variants, probably the sport)

If you dont plan on sticking to samsung then go for a gearos watch that fits your needs (they all should have the same base functionality)

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

Turn off caps lock.

Watch lasts for at least a week. Colour e-paper display, simple notofications and canned responses.

Anyways the ticwatch S has almost all the features you want, but it may be missing the NFC feature.

Also all android wear 2.0 watches have the on-screen keyboard for replying, but the voice to text feature is much quicker and works wonders, atleast if you want to reply in english.

The wear OS watches also have google assistant, which is useful too. Also you could download a web browser to a watch and view pages on it, but why??

If i needed to buy a smartwatch at the moment i would absolutely buy the ticwatch S, because of how cheap it is compared to the other watches, but still has all the features. 

32 minutes ago, blu4 said:

I suggest the pebble time.

23 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Almost 2 years ago, Pebble was bought by FitBit and effectively shut down so I'm not sure I would suggest you buy one of their watches. Having said that, I bought a Pebble 2 a year ago and it's been great. The official Pebble end of life is the end of June this year, so just over a month from now all server-side features will be shut down. There is a small organisation aiming to replace these online services rebble.io .

Either way, OPs requirements aren't what a Pebble can offer.

-Features;

-Wear Os, Samsung watches look great and have amazing features (like the rotating bezel) but the tizen OS is limited in apps - no

-GPS - no

-Waterproof for swimming would be preferable - yes

-Decent battery life, at least 1 full day of moderate use - yes

-NFC - no

Questions;

-Do all Wear Os watches have a physical keyboard to reply to messages? - no

-Can you view basic web pages on a smartwatch - no

~end of pebble rant~

I edit my posts a lot.

I use the LG Watch Style and it has been pretty good. It was a good price, wouldve liked a heartrate monitor  and nfc but it gets the job done. The battery lasted all day even on heavy usage and a lot of movement originally, I've had the watch a while now and the battery of course isn't as good but if I turn it on theater mode when I work out, it usually still lasts about 12-14 hours on medium-heavyish usage. 

1 hour ago, Some Random Member said:

This is really helpful, thank you. However isn't the ticwatch s/e only ip67 so only rated for splashes not submersion?

Is the S really worth it over the E? The only difference is the GPS location isn't it?

1 hour ago, SerGreenTin said:

This is really helpful, thank you. However isn't the ticwatch s/e only ip67 so only rated for splashes not submersion?

Is the S really worth it over the E? The only difference is the GPS location isn't it?

It seems like there really isn't that big of a difference between the S and the E; The S has a a better GPS and maybe a better design.

Also yes, the ticwatch S and E are really ip67, so technically there is some submersion, but i wouldnt advise. There are some real waterproof smartwatches, but they are expensive.

E.G https://wsd.casio.com/us/en/

Thanks for the help guys. My ticwatch E will be here tomorrow, yay!. I think the S looks bulky and I like being able to change the straps, which wouldn't be possible on the S. 

Poo the pro is an interesting idea, expensive for a first try though haha