My computer will not restart

LOWtempsPLZ

Hello

My computer (desktop) does not restart on its own and when I shut it down the fans are still active. If I want to "restart" now I just shut it down and then hold the power button on the desktop to turn it off completely and then immediately press the power button again. How can I make the computer restarting on its own without resorting to the method specified ?

46 minutes ago, LOWtempsPLZ said:

Hello

My computer (desktop) does not restart on its own and when I shut it down the fans are still active. If I want to "restart" now I just shut it down and then hold the power button on the desktop to turn it off completely and then immediately press the power button again. How can I make the computer restarting on its own without resorting to the method specified ?

.Try clearing the CMOS.

.Disabling fastboot.

.After shutting it down completely and flicking the power switch off, hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so to power cycle it.

.Go into your reliability history and see if it's showing any errors at the time that this happens.

.Double click on those errors and copy/paste what they say here.

.Hit start, type troubleshoot, open the first result, and try the various built in windows troubleshooters to see if they detect and fix the problem.

Those are my ideas without more information anyways.