ALL Games Crashing on Laptop (GPU issue?)

Mercay

Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my laptop and the 1060 inside it. Any game I start will crash after about 10-30 seconds once I've loaded into the game past the menus. It would seem that the issue has to do with rendering a 3D world and objects as all the game menus are working fine. Looking in the event log there indeed seems to be errors with the graphics driver. 

What I've tried so far:

- Uninstalling drivers with DDU and installing fresh ones, trying multiple different older, newer and newest drivers.

- Making sure as little as possible is running in the background.

- Virus scan.

- Gsync on and off along with a bunch of other settings in nvidia control panel.

None of these things have yielded any results.

The exception to this is that I reinstalled a graphics driver yesterday without installing geforce experience, and it worked! All the games suddenly worked fine, however today after restarting the computer, nothing seems to be working again. 

Games I've tested that crashes: Battlefield 1 & 4, GTA 5, DOOM, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Overwatch, Forza Motorsport 7 & Horizon 3, Destiny 2, Black Ops 3 & CoD WW2.

The only game that actually seems to work is World of Warcraft, every other game crashes the same way.

It would seem to me that the only course of action left is to reinstall windows and see if that does anything, but before I start with that process I would like to hear if there is anything else I can do that I have not already mentioned.

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Mercay said:

Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my laptop and the 1060 inside it. Any game I start will crash after about 10-30 seconds once I've loaded into the game past the menus. It would seem that the issue has to do with rendering a 3D world and objects as all the game menus are working fine. Looking in the event log there indeed seems to be errors with the graphics driver. 

What I've tried so far:

- Uninstalling drivers with DDU and installing fresh ones, trying multiple different older, newer and newest drivers.

- Making sure as little as possible is running in the background.

- Virus scan.

- Gsync on and off along with a bunch of other settings in nvidia control panel.

None of these things have yielded any results.

The exception to this is that I reinstalled a graphics driver yesterday without installing geforce experience, and it worked! All the games suddenly worked fine, however today after restarting the computer, nothing seems to be working again. 

Games I've tested that crashes: Battlefield 1 & 4, GTA 5, DOOM, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Overwatch, Forza Motorsport 7 & Horizon 3, Destiny 2, Black Ops 3 & CoD WW2.

The only game that actually seems to work is World of Warcraft, every other game crashes the same way.

It would seem to me that the only course of action left is to reinstall windows and see if that does anything, but before I start with that process I would like to hear if there is anything else I can do that I have not already mentioned.

Thanks

Well, you could check your reliability history and event viewer for clues about what was happening when it crashed.

Hit start - type reliability history..

I would reinstall windows like you're thinking though because it sounds pretty bad.