Fans kick to 100% speed and monitor turns black?

ScreamSlasher5X

I have been having an issue that happens on and off. My fans spin up to what I assume is 100% because of the noise and the sound of the speed. My monitor then turns black and I believe I loose all connection. I thought maybe it was my GPU connection because I previous a few weeks ago booted my PC and it said about no GPU connection, that was solved I believe. I unplugged the power and other connections from the back, unplugged the power to the GPU to check for dust and make sure it wasn't just slightly loose. Plug everything back together and boot. I had a screen saying it was scanning and repairing. What is going on?

What GPU? What PSU? Have you tried using a different PCIe slot?

15 hours ago, ScreamSlasher5X said:

I have been having an issue that happens on and off. My fans spin up to what I assume is 100% because of the noise and the sound of the speed. My monitor then turns black and I believe I loose all connection. I thought maybe it was my GPU connection because I previous a few weeks ago booted my PC and it said about no GPU connection, that was solved I believe. I unplugged the power and other connections from the back, unplugged the power to the GPU to check for dust and make sure it wasn't just slightly loose. Plug everything back together and boot. I had a screen saying it was scanning and repairing. What is going on?

If you can get into windows at all,

do some temperature checks right away..

See what your idle CPU and GPU temps are...

if those are normal, proceed to do some stress tests.

Aida64 for the CPU and maybe superposition for the GPU test.

Do these separately. Monitor temps with both.

Shut down the test if Aida64 goes over 80 degrees.

Report back what you temps are like.