Recycling Tablet wih broken screen

Hello folks,

a good time ago I broke the screen of my LG G Pad V500. Because of me beeing stingy I still havent bought a new one and I'm still trying to figure out, how I can use my old G Pad for something good. You have to know that even if the screen is broken, the display still looks very good but one half of the touchregion is broken - means, i only can control the tablet with one half. I can spin the whole thing to get to almost every point and can set the thing with teamviewer up.

Now, what I want to do with this thing is to use it as an Navigation system and as the radio in my car. I already got it very close to how i want it to be but it still doesnt feel well executed and confortable because of some issues.

I set it up like this:

rooted the tablet and installed something (I did this half a year ago) to use the LG dualscreen feature to be useable with any app. Without this you can only use small things like a calender and the browser at the same time.

On the useable side i have spotify open all the time and on the other Google Maps. Everything is pre downloaded. My music with Spotify premium and offline Maps with google maps.

I can go through my music and if i need navigation i can take it out, spin it and set my navigation up.

I only put the screen off if i leave and if i start up my car I have already programmed something with automagic that it turns it screen on (when it gets loaded -> turn screen on). Automagic also controls the screen brightness.

I have moved my home button and my tasks button on the unusable side and the back and the multitask button on the usable. I also got a floating keyboard app that always appears on the good side so it is fully functional.

If your interested, how the tablet is placed in my car, well... in my car i have a new radio build in and under it, because the original was bigger, theres a little hole, where some things can be put in. I came on the idea to tape two sponges on the tablet and just put it in the hole and it holds surprisingly good. It looks dumb but hey. 

In my car, it is connected with my radio via aux and the battery via the cigarrette lighter thingy.

Now, i want to change things up a little bit because i still doesnt look pretty neither feels good to use.

Now I came on the idea of installing windows on it and useing the broken side as a monitor and the good as a touchpad. Is something like that possible? Or do you have any ideas onto how to make the life of my disabled tablet worth again?