Virtualnate

Hi all, these are my specs

*Nzxt S340 (reg, not elite) 

*Gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 7 

*i7 8700k 

*Evga supernova g2 650 watts

*Nzxt kraken m22 cooler

*1 tb Samsung 850 evo 2.5" ssd

(steam library and kontakt libraries here) 

*250gb NVme m. 2 Samsung evo 

(os and programs in here) 

*Evga GeForce gtx 1080 ti

*thermaltake premium plus TT rgb 

(2 intakes in front 1 exhaust on top, and a push/pull configuration in the rear) 

32gb g. Skill 2400 15-15-15-35 

MONITOR: ALIENWARE AW3418DW

with Battlefield 1 I normally get above 90fps, but with Far Cry 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Assassin's Creed Origins between 35-45fps. what the hell is wrong?!!!!! With such a good GPU and monitor, what could the issue be? And please, don't tell me to lower my video settings, otherwise all this money would've been a complete waste. Thanks for all further input and advice!!!!

something is blocking the power of cpu or gpu. try setting high performance profile for both cpu and gpu. turn off all cpu c states and eist from bios(in enable state these can lower cpu voltage and clock to save power). also set pre render frame to 1 from nvidia control panel, you can set 2 if lower value doesnt give you advantage. i think this will surely solve the problem. and you are playing @1080p?

6 hours ago, ravinder2lf said:

and you are playing @1080p?

It's a 1440p ultrawide. Pretty heavy stuff.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, Virtualnate said:

with Battlefield 1 I normally get above 90fps, but with Far Cry 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Assassin's Creed Origins between 35-45fps. what the hell is wrong?!!!!! With such a good GPU and monitor, what could the issue be? And please, don't tell me to lower my video settings, otherwise all this money would've been a complete waste. Thanks for all further input and advice!!!!

Monitor your temps and usage stats closely (msi afterburner's overlay can do this) to see where the problem is. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Thanks everyone. 

@ravinder2lf i don't know how to do that exactly on the BIOS. if you could please walk me through it. 

4 minutes ago, Virtualnate said:

Mind you, i have a gigabyte mobo

mine is also gigabyte z97 board. just find advance settings under frequency tab, there you can disbale those options.

alright everyone, so I ended up uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and instead installed the 388.00 version. That completely fixed the low FPS. Now when I play Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed: Origins and Ghost Recon Wildlands I get between 60-85 FPS!!!!!!! As for the stuttering, it is not as intermittent as it was before, I mean, I still have it, it just happens randomly every couple of minutes, which is fine I guess. Thanks everyone again!!