FreeNAS Corral

I have installed freeNAS Corral 10 and I would connect it to Plex. Whenever I would create a Docker Host, it successfully creates the host but the indicator light only blinks rather than turn green. And when I create a container, the creation of the said container gets stuck at about 20%. I would like to know what are the possible reasons to this and how can it be resolved. Thanks in advance

On 5/22/2018 at 7:35 AM, ECALENDOR said:

I have installed freeNAS Corral 10 and I would connect it to Plex. Whenever I would create a Docker Host, it successfully creates the host but the indicator light only blinks rather than turn green. And when I create a container, the creation of the said container gets stuck at about 20%. I would like to know what are the possible reasons to this and how can it be resolved. Thanks in advance

Why would you even use FreeNAS Corral? It's abandonware. The dev who initiated it essentially forced all the devs into developing it, and then when it launched, there were a bunch of problems and bugs. The dev jumped ship, and the other devs immediately scrapped the version, and soon after, FreeNAS 11 was born.

I apologize that this does not answer your question, but I'm just curious. I used FreeNAS 10 for a bit, but immediately dumped it for ver. 11 when I could.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Why would you even use FreeNAS Corral? It's abandonware. The dev who initiated it essentially forced all the devs into developing it, and then when it launched, there were a bunch of problems and bugs. The dev jumped ship, and the other devs immediately scrapped the version, and soon after, FreeNAS 11 was born.

I apologize that this does not answer your question, but I'm just curious. I used FreeNAS 10 for a bit, but immediately dumped it for ver. 11 when I could.

It was the OS recommended by my professor. I am currently using FreeNAS 11. So far I have been able to access my plex inside the comfort of my home. Sadly, I am unable to access it outside my network. I have tried to manually specify the port to be used; after pressing the button, the page states that I can access it outside my network for a few seconds then it goes back to saying I cannot access it. Is it possible that my router is the problem? It is the router provided by my ISP at whenever I try to configure the settings I lose access to the internet. It is currently set to have a Dynamic IP, and the UPnP is enabled

Screenshot (852).png

1 minute ago, ECALENDOR said:

It was the OS recommended by my professor. I am currently using FreeNAS 11. So far I have been able to access my plex inside the comfort of my home. Sadly, I am unable to access it outside my network. I have tried to manually specify the port to be used; after pressing the button, the page states that I can access it outside my network for a few seconds then it goes back to saying I cannot access it. Is it possible that my router is the problem? It is the router provided by my ISP at whenever I try to configure the settings I lose access to the internet. It is currently set to have a Dynamic IP, and the UPnP is enabled

Screenshot (852).png

For accessing your Plex media outside, you need to go into your Router and do Port Forwarding:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200931138-troubleshooting-remote-access/

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201543147-what-network-ports-do-i-need-to-allow-through-my-firewall/

TCP: 32400 (for access to the Plex Media Server) [required]

That's the main port - all the other ones are simply for additional features not directly related. It looks like your Router is rejecting the uPnP ports (uPnP is very hit or miss anyway).

Then once you've got Port Forwarding setup, just go to Plex.TV/web, and sign in.

You don't need a Static IP.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

For accessing your Plex media outside, you need to go into your Router and do Port Forwarding:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200931138-troubleshooting-remote-access/

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201543147-what-network-ports-do-i-need-to-allow-through-my-firewall/

That's the main port - all the other ones are simply for additional features not directly related. It looks like your Router is rejecting the uPnP ports (uPnP is very hit or miss anyway).

Then once you've got Port Forwarding setup, just go to Plex.TV/web, and sign in.

You don't need a Static IP.

This the closest I can get to Port Forwarding. This was under the NAT>Virtual Servers

image.png

Just now, ECALENDOR said:

This the closest I can get to Port Forwarding. This was under the NAT>Virtual Servers

image.png

What model of router do you have? That does appear to be the Port Forwarding section, but hard to say. Some Routers use the term "Virtual Servers" in lieu of Port Forwarding.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

What model of router do you have? That does appear to be the Port Forwarding section, but hard to say. Some Routers use the term "Virtual Servers" in lieu of Port Forwarding.

FH3000-88-40-C0 ADSL router

FH3000-88-40-C0 ADSL router

Not much info on that router.

After setting the virtual server, did you have any luck?

You can try a Port Checking tool online:

http://canyouseeme.org/

Type in the 32400 port and see if the port is open to the web.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not much info on that router.

After setting the virtual server, did you have any luck?

You can try a Port Checking tool online:

http://canyouseeme.org/

Type in the 32400 port and see if the port is open to the web.

I am still unable to "access"(I don't know the exact term) the port. I have found this manual online provided by the ISP but it did not mention how to port forward

dlscrib.com_fh3000-adsl-wireless-router-user-manualpldt.pdf

3 minutes ago, ECALENDOR said:

I am still unable to "access"(I don't know the exact term) the port. I have found this manual online provided by the ISP but it did not mention how to port forward

dlscrib.com_fh3000-adsl-wireless-router-user-manualpldt.pdf

Did you test the port using the link I gave you above? After looking through that User Manual, "Virtual Servers" does appear to be the correct place to set Port Forwarding settings.

11 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Did you test the port using the link I gave you above? After looking through that User Manual, "Virtual Servers" does appear to be the correct place to set Port Forwarding settings.

Yes. The link showed this

Edited by ECALENDOR
Showed my IP accidentally

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I tried other ports but it also displayed that

Yes. The link showed this

image.png

Just an FYI, that's your WAN IP Address. It's not the end of the world, but I would personally re-upload the image with that IP blacked out.

Anyway, sounds like the Port Forwarding isn't working. Make sure the FreeNAS server is running while doing the test.

Try adding another port to the Virtual Servers list (use the FreeNAS server again), just a random port number between 30000 and 50000. Then try the Port Tester tool again with the new port.

Hmm. Maybe your ISP is performing Double NAT? If so, not much you can do about it.

You could ring up your ISP and try troubleshooting with them as to why Port Forwarding isn't working on their router.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Hmm. Maybe your ISP is performing Double NAT? If so, not much you can do about it.

You could ring up your ISP and try troubleshooting with them as to why Port Forwarding isn't working on their router.

Oops completely forgot about my IP address. I will try to contact them again. Thank you very much

Log into the plex server (SSH or whatever you can) and see if you can access the internet (ping google, nslookup google etc..) Mainly I'm looking to confirm that it has a gateway set and DNS set.

Plex now offers a workaround for NAT, so you at the very least should get something like "Indirectly accessing server" or something when you try to connect externally.

Don't rely on the plex port test, because it is sort of broken... use the above link or Shieldsup (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) - make sure plex is running when you do the test.

Are you using an additional wireless router by chance?

(Also your public IP is in your plex screen shot)