RAID 0 Problem

Dantemoulin

Hey! I have a huge problem, I can't use my computer!

I just bought a second SSD (Corsair F120 GT) and created a successful RAID 0 through Intel Rapid Storage Tech.

I installed Windows 8 and everything went fine. Later on I had installed some programs and was forced to restart my computer. Now the problem shows it's existence...

When Windows was booting I got a BSOD, I don't remember what the message said but I googled it and the most common cause of the BSOD was if an SSD had a firmware that does not support Windows 8, so I looked it up and it turns out that my new SSD has an old firmware.

I tried to do another fresh install of Windows 8 and installed Corsair's SSD Toolbox to update the firmware just to find out I have to delete or disable my RAID so I restarted my computer ones again and tried to access Intel Rapid Storage Tech by clicking ctrl + I when posting. But now an even greater problem comes to life. First of all I get greeted with an extreme post time and even though I am spamming ctrl + I it still tries to boot windows. I restarted again and tried to access BIOS and that seems to work just fine, the post time was somewhat normal.

I think my problem is pretty clear...

My question now is, what the accual **** am I going to do now?

Is there a way to disable or delete the RAID and then install Windows on one of the SSDs and update the firmwares and then create a new RAID and hope it all works?

Thanks in advance and sorry if my explanation is a bit blurry.

PC Specs: Case: Corsair 650D     MOBO: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z     CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k     CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i     RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL8    SSD: Corsair FGT120

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB     GPU: Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum     PSU: Corsair AX850

Don't spam ctrl-I on boot up, look for the prompt and then hit it once. It's a very limited timeframe but if you hold down ctrl and spam I throughout post it will not recognise ctrl as being pressed when it prompts you to press ctrl-I. Very common problem with ROG boards.

Don't spam ctrl-I on boot up, look for the prompt and then hit it once. It's a very limited timeframe but if you hold down ctrl and spam I throughout post it will not recognise ctrl as being pressed when it prompts you to press ctrl-I. Very common problem with ROG boards.

I see, where is the prompt? Is it suppose to show up during or after the post?

Also, is there a way to access Intel Rapid Storage Tech through BIOS?

PC Specs: Case: Corsair 650D     MOBO: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z     CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k     CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i     RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL8    SSD: Corsair FGT120

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB     GPU: Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum     PSU: Corsair AX850

I see, where is the prompt? Is it suppose to show up during or after the post?

Also, is there a way to access Intel Rapid Storage Tech through BIOS?

I twill show up during post. Make sure your screen is on before post though and you need to look real carefully, sometimes it's just a blink, sometimes it will stay there for 3-400ms. It's a terrible design flaw.

I twill show up during post. Make sure your screen is on before post though and you need to look real carefully, sometimes it's just a blink, sometimes it will stay there for 3-400ms. It's a terrible design flaw.

I think I managed to disable the RAID, I went in to BIOS and set the drives to AHCI.

When I installed Windows 8 however, only one of the SSDs showed up so I installed on that one but that one was the new one with the old firmware so now I am not able to flash the drive with Corsair's SSD Toolbox...