Acer X34A vs X34P vs X35 vs LG Nan IPS 21:9 1440P

Aroyoc

Hi. The upcoming LG monitor has only had light coverage. I'm sure Linus is stoke on this one as it has the higher resolution. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are based on below as I had an experience with what I believe was one of the first Acer X34's prior to the A. Please feel free to weigh in.

Hi. I had an original X34 and preferred the less curve but eventually settled on the 27" XB27H1 IPS for a couple reasons.

1. The X34 I got had horrendous BLB (pretty sure it was indeed BLB intead of IPS Glow) as well as IPS glow in all 4 corners. I also noticed that text seemed to be elevated off the panel in the far left and right side of the screen, mainly the corners. Like the Icon / Text were sitting on top of the glass and I could see a shadow behind them. Like it was superimposed. Do you have this? Do you understand what I'm driving at? Only noticed this on curved displays but I think it was with this curve. With more curve I didn't notice it. Like on a 1900R LG 34" I tried out didn't have it at all.
2. Games support was hit or miss. Overwatch not having true 21:9 was disappointing as well as many games needing lots of hotfixes / patches to get HUD / FOV elements to work properly.

3. The 1900R Curve - I mean for Desktop use it feels like it has more of a fish eye effect and straight lines and overall presentation feel well a bit off like I'm webrowsing on a movie theater screen which feels off. Sometimes when I had that LG briefly I got a headache. Maybe it takes getting used to / needing the monitor farther away from me?

4. How far do you recommend keeping these 34" from you? How deep is your desk? I have a desk that is 29.5" deep? Deep enough or deeper needed with default stand? Please advise.

Let me know how you feel about the X34A or P. Have the faux bezels shrunk at all on the X34A or P?

Running my X34a @ 100Hz for a little over 6 months now with no problems. Was using 3x Acer HN274H 3D now 2 of them are in the cupboard.

5b094bf4c0565_PredatorX34a.thumb.jpg.d5db51e0b8d25ee8857ebe2565bec13a.jpg

new_setup.jpg