Stuttering after windows update? Help

Ben Miller

Hi guys,

As you have probably noticed windows has forced another update upon us. Which took a while so while I was in the mood of updating I decided to update my BIOS since I haven't in a while. Then I loaded back into windows to play some games. But then for some odd reason I thought: Is my monitor actually running at 144hz? Turns out it reset itself months ago. So I changed the settings to 144 Hz from 59 and went on my merry way. I loaded up Fortnite since I can consistency get 144 fps and it was silky smooth in terms of fps but there was extremely noticeable stuttering. I tried what I could to sort it. I reset my memory back to 2133 mHz from 3000 mHz since I've had problems with it before and it did nothing. I then turned off Freesync since I'm pretty sure it doesn't work and I need to send back my monitor. Didn't do anything. Then I put my monitor Hz back to 59 . Didn't do anything. At this moment I was very confused so I thought it must just be Fortnite. I then loaded up Minecraft, another game I can consistently get 144 fps. Same micro stutters. Shit. So another game. The Witcher 3. I can't get 144 fps but its my current obsession and I just wanted to play it. At first I thought I had the same stutters but I've been playing for an hour now and it doesn't seems to be stuttering. Does anyone know a way to fix the stuttering in other games? And if not, what do I do?

Thanks