Very Peculiar Problem

Synedisis

Hah clickbait title gotcha.

Anyways I have 2 1tb HDDs. One is a Barracuda and the other is a WD Blue, I upgraded my storage about a year after I built my pc. Shortly after I realized that I have 2 separate Program Files folders, 2 separate Program Files (x86) folders, 2 separate Users folders, and finally 2 separate Windows folders. 1 of each of the folders is on 1 hard drive. Basically I have all 4 folders on one drive, and another 4 on the other. I haven't run into any clashing that I'm aware of and I was just wondering if there was any way for me to go about fixing this. Otherwise I could just install a clean windows when I upgrade from 7 to 10 :/

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the mental capacity to comprehend this as I clearly don't :P 

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Connect the drive that you are using as the C: or boot drive and disconnect all others.  Then use the Windows Media Creation Tool to do a clean, fresh install of Win10.  Once the install is complete, then you can nuke the other drive and set it up as the backup drive to the boot drive.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Looks like you have two installations of windows. one on each drive.

Just boot your system as usual, move the data from your not-C:/users to you C:/users and delete the directories on the not-c drive. You should be fine, assuming you're not using the windows installation on the not-C drive.

If windows refuses to delete the directories, I would just reformat the not-C drive. After moving the data temporarily to an external HDD, of course.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

@xc3ll I'll try it out, thanks for the response 

Intel i7-4930K
Asus P9X79 
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

@kb5zue I'll try fixing the drives first just because I'm still more preferred to 7, but if I do resort to 10 I'll make sure to use what you told me. Thanks for the help

Intel i7-4930K
Asus P9X79 
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

Have you tried to delete those other folders? Are there anything interesting inside program files folders?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, Synedisis said:

@kb5zue I'll try fixing the drives first just because I'm still more preferred to 7, but if I do resort to 10 I'll make sure to use what you told me. Thanks for the help

Glad to help, hope it all works out.