Lenovo Ideapad 720s 13" Freezing

So I picked up this notebook a little over a month ago from Lenovo site brand new.Once I plugged the laptop in to charge the cursor would free every time I moved it, and this happened on both a mouse and track pad. I installed all windows updates and removed lots of bloatware and then installed BIOS updates from the lenovo site, which all went through successfully. This only happens when the laptop is charging, and usually after 20 seconds if being plugged into either of the charging ports. 

Here's where it gets intersting, when media such as a video is playing on the laptop the issues stops but once  I close down media it starts happening again. The issue sometimes goes away when changing the power mode but usually doesn't fix it, neither does lowering the resolution down to 1080p. Perhaps the CPU throttles massively once heat from the charging hits it?

I have a year warranty with lenovo so should I send it away for repairs? I expect them to either replace it completely or send it back since the issue might not occur straight away for them.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?